Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: It has to stop, we can do something about it!

[ QUOTE ]
You are obligated to remove the observer chat function from all poker rooms immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]
somehow i missed it. i think i just skimmed the first post, and then read the replies.. good idea.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps if they disallowed observer chat from play money accounts? That way it would be more difficult for the spammers since they would need to deposit money before spamming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats how it is. You must have a real money account to chat on real money tables last time I checked.

This is an excellent suggestion.

outs

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-22-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And please don't advise that "you can turn the table chat off" because it is an important part of the game to be able to chat with players ON the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can turn off viewer chat without blocking actual player chat.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:01 PM

Right-click the chat box --> turn off observer chat

Easy to turn yours off, but still a concern about driving away the fish with spam like your example.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:47 PM

What I find even more annoying than the spam is the panhandlers. On 15/30 tables, there is always some idiot begging for somebody to "loan" him $50.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:29 PM

Are you serious? Like street begging? Who on earth would just transfer someone $50 because they beg them to.

The other chat box scam I've seen is where a player advertises having entries won into big multi table tournaments. He would like to sell them at a discount. All you have to do is transfer him money and then he will transfer over the tournament entry to you (which you cannot do on sites which I play) so it is obviously a scam.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:48 PM

Pokerstars solved the panhandling problem very easily. Don't allow someone to observer chat unless they have enough money in their account to sit at the table.

Regarding tourney entry transfers .... I always immediately point out in the chat that entries can't be transfered and the person offering is a scamming scumbag. I'd like to think I've prevented at least one naive soul from being ripped off.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ya. I see it all the time on certain sites. Also the "selling entry chips for a discount" scam. The busier the site (like Party), the more you see it, obviously because it is more difficult to police. I like the idea of people being blocked from chatting in the observer's area unless they have enough in the account to play. Makes a lot of sense. But I've always wondered...who would give cash to some idiot begging like a wino in an online poker room? It must work sometimes because I see the same people doing it all the time, like the village morons. They start at 10-20 or 15-30 and work their way down to the .50-1 games where they ask for $1. I followed to see if it was a joke. Nope...seriously trying to beg money. Unreal.