Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 01-25-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Fire Away?

5-5 live I am in the big blind with black 7s. 4 limpers including the sb. Stacks are between 500-2000 I have 800. villian sb about the same, he is not a great player but tends to bet his hands agg.

Flop 10 4 7 (2 hearts.)

sb checks, Ibet $40 fold to the button he calls, sb raises to $120. I reraise $250 button folds, SB thinks and calls.

Turn 2 hearts. Sb checks. My play? Fire Away Right?
Old 01-25-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Fire Away?

I would check. Seems like flush draw was the most likely holding for him on the flop. If river does not pair board and is not a heart then you have to make a read when he bets.

Out of curiosity on the flop did you make it 250 to go or raise 250 (370 to go). The latter is better imo.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:52 PM

Did you reraise on top $250?? With his rereaise to $120 there's $380 in the pot, I like the $250 reraise wanting a call.

I'd fire all-in on the turn given the nature of the SB player. He's unlikely to hold any high flush hand and with his flop CR, he most likely has paired his 10 (and perhaps has 2 pair) and wants you out of the pot. If he's overly aggressive I push and put him to the test as he was uneasy with the call on the flop (from what you posted).

Even if he does have a small flush and reluctantly calls, you have 10 outs to win....not the best situation but given the player, I push no wories.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:32 PM

If he has just a ten there is no way he is calling the turn once the flush hits. If you bet all in here you only get called by hands that are beating you and by bottom set.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:02 PM

My problem is when he checks to me I am thinking Is he gonna checkraise me with the flush or if he has two pair what size bet will he call now that he thinks I may have got my flush.

I think I only get called if I am beat is this the wrong way of looking at this. My plan is to call on a river bet is this weak?
Old 01-25-2005, 09:14 PM

check. dont be like me and move all in against the nuts.