Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2004, 12:27 PM

Default Re: 2 cold on the turn?

[ QUOTE ]
Not three betting
the flop allows you to play the turn more cautiously when
a bad card hits

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the wrong way to think...

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing wrong with calling the
flop to see the turn card and action before you start
jamming your two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is something seriously wrong with it. The button raises, and hero is in the small blind, its checked to the button, this is such an excellent oppurtunity to check raise the flop and thin the field. There is a very good chance he will knock out gutshots and possibly other hands. His two pair is vulnerable and this is a great spot to protect it on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
I usually try to avoid three betting
the flop when there are a lot of cards that can come on the
turn to make me fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so weak-tight...

To the original poster you had a great oppurtunity to checkraise that flop, the check call is worse then check/folding in my opionon. You can't play some wait and see game before you start putting real money in the pot.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:53 PM

Does anyone ever lead out here into this big field? Hoping to get raised so you can three bet. I think sometimes it may work better than the traditional Check/raise. Just a thought any comments why or why not this could work.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:48 PM

If your opponents are the kind of players who can throw their hand away on the same betting round in which they've already put money in the pot, then your play may sometimes be a good one. Of course, if you don't expect anyne else in the hand to show agg. then leading out is also prob. best.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:01 AM

Default Re: The problem with online play

[ QUOTE ]
I really find such situations harder to read online. Much less feel for the game; players don't have to show losing hands (I REALLY HATE that); tell reading is a total non-option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Use the hand histories to see what anyone who went to a showdown held at that point. And the 3 bet on the flop is for value, against 2 opponents you will win better than 33%, against 1 (if only 1 calls) more than 50%
Old 10-08-2004, 04:45 AM

i was button in this hand and quite the discussion with my buddy ensured about whether it would be a good play to raise heer and try to push hero off his two pair (or whatever big hand he coldcalled the flop with ).