Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2004, 12:58 AM

Default O/8 hand: Too agressive?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Omaha/8 (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (17 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 29 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 29 BB, between Hero, SB and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">High won by SB (14.50 BB). Split Low: Hero (7.25 BB), SB (7.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has 7c 3d 7s As (Low: 7, 6, 3, 2, A | High: full house, sevens full of twos).
SB has 2d 3h 2s Ad (Low: 7, 6, 3, 2, A | High: four of a kind, twos).
BB has 4c 4d Ah Js (Low: 7, 6, 4, 2, A | High: two pair, fours and twos).
Outcome: SB wins 21.75 BB. Hero wins 7.25 BB.

Nice slowplay by SB. Not that I lost much, but should I almost "expect" to get quartered here and just call the river?

</font>
Old 09-09-2004, 01:08 AM

Default Re: O/8 hand: Too agressive?

IMO, you can never be too aggressive given that hand. The vast majority of the time you will scoop this pot. If he has quads, he has quads. Too bad that was the case. As far as low, you may get quartered or even sixthed here, but you will be getting high nearly every time, so I wouldnt worry about it. Good hand.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, you can never be too aggressive given that hand. The vast majority of the time you will scoop this pot. If he has quads, he has quads. Too bad that was the case. As far as low, you may get quartered or even sixthed here, but you will be getting high nearly every time, so I wouldnt worry about it. Good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. Given the circumstances I can't imagine playing that hand any differently.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:38 AM

G-Man - I haven't looked at your results and I don't think I will. I have a bad feeling you ran into quads or kings full here. (Otherwise why would you be posting?)

Since SB didn't three-bet after the turn, I'd be a bit wary of kings full and probably wouldn't cap it on the fourth betting round.

Also, I would not have raised on the second betting round. But my reasoning would have been that I might get more out of my opponents by waiting until the turn.

I would have played the third betting round (and the first) exactly like you.

The more I muse about it, still without having peeked, and thinking in terms of my own actions, capping the betting on the fourth betting round would amount to not giving SB enough respect. In my games it's often a mistake to underestimate your opponents. (I don't know about $0.50/$1.00 games).

Buzz
Old 09-16-2004, 02:02 AM

After the flop, I'd assume I've got the best hand with the nut low draw. A 22 is possible but very unlikely, so you can expect to take the high, and most likely split the low, so you want to jam the pot as much as possible.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:25 AM

I'm jamming and raising at every oppurtunity here.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:44 PM

Not too aggressive in my book. I'd bet it just like you did - every time.