Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 11:30 PM

Default instinct or intution

another short story.so lets look and see what we have, pocket 5 j off suit.easy fold for me. what? huh? strange feeling.anyways back to the game, i fold. and here comes the flop and im sick! 5 j 5. ive done some searches on intution but due to the vast amount of info combined with limited time ive not found what im looking for. what is it and how do i learn to understand it.any sujested web sites or books? to me i think, along with the math and reads (which i pefer to call understanding human behavior) i what to develope this part (instinct/intution or what ever the correct word maybe) into my over all game package. anyboby?
Old 08-27-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: instinct or intution

Are you a troll? If you've read any poker book ever it would have answered this. That's also not what "intuition" is, unless you mean Psychic intuition. Just luck. Next time you have a "feeling" your 2 7 is going to hit, it won't.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:49 AM

Using your special powers, you are destined to a wealthy and easy life from your huge gambling profits. Congrats!
Old 08-27-2005, 01:36 AM

special for xninja. no im not a troll, cute. yes i have read a few books mike petrivs holdems odds book,the theory of poker,the psychology of poker dan harring book vol 1 (which was easyly read cause i naturally fall into his way of thinking) plus i former police officer who d@m better understand human behavior(yes my chief always complained about my spelling should have kept that dictonery he gave me) i think a least for me at this point in time in my game deveopvment i starting to learn the various math eqausions the individual oppeants behavior to varying situtions and then appying that info to my response but i repeat that d@m little voice is smater than me more often than not. with that said, i can presume that you never heard of tai chi or for that matter any other forms of medation? i do understand and studyed tai chi but i want attempt to go any futher with it, because you are the narrow minded little troll.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:24 AM

Tai Chi & Meditation have nothing to do with fantasizing about having psychic abilities in being able to predict which cards will flop. I was trying to help you. Good luck, you'll need it- rub a buddha's tummy for me.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:41 AM

You guys have never experienced anything like this? It happens to me sometimes as well, but heres the problem with listening to it. If you listen to this instict your mind will start to create fake signals were you think you are going to flop well everytime, and this leads to you playing every single hand. In other words its a slippery slope you listen to it now, then before you know it your playing every hand.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:59 AM

bahahah you folded a full house
Old 08-27-2005, 03:07 AM

I thought this was common knowledge from every poker book, but if you guys are falling for this I suppose I should explain.

Your brain has a natural tendency to "expect to win" certain hands, against the odds, for no reason at all... call it a "hunch," ... say you have 10,000 of these "hunches" on 500 of them (which is an incredibly huge #) you happen to flop a monster hand with a garbage hand, and your philosophy is reconfirmed and validated every time one of these hits.

The problem is that the 500 don't happen all in a row, they're spread about pretty evenly, sometimes in patches. The bigger problem is that out of the 9,500 "hunches" you have, when you miss, you interpret it as a missed signal - oh you were wrong that time, you're wrong sometimes- and you forget about it quickly, eager to push your psychic powers to the test at your next "feeling." It comes after a while, in between a few other times your magical sensory input was just a little off- perhaps the air conditioning was going at you the wrong way, interfering with your supernatural powers. You repeat the process, ad-infinitum, believing you have semi-consistent-intermittent psychic abilities because sometimes when you "just feel it" it hits, but you end up losing all your money because you forgot about what chance and probability are, the foundations of the game of poker. I hope this helped those of you struggling with emerging psychic powers.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:52 AM

If you can really do this, the payouts are much better in roulette, where you get 35:1 on your money.

Hint: you can't.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:05 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

I see psychics playing at the tables all the time. Maybe that's why they bitch at the dealers so much. They think the dealer is dealing them the wrong cards from what they 'sense' are the cards coming. Couldn't be their own lack of acual ability, nope. Gotta be the dealer. Or the deck. Oh hell, why not just a new set up altogether. I often wonder how they ever justify going to the ATM when they have to rebuy. I mean, after all...

b