Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2005, 05:07 PM

Default 109 at 109, what a waste of time

2 weeks ago I made this post and moved to the 109s. If every 2+2er is playing the 55s, I figured I'd play the 109s.

Is this sustainable?

ITM - 33.94%
ROI - 1.00%

Buyins - $11,811
Net - $119

Finishes:
1st - 11
2nd - 13
3rd - 13
4th - 13
5th - 12
6th - 17
7th - 11
8th - 7
9th - 5
10th - 7

I could've mowed grass at a golf course and made more than this.

Thanks to advice from Scuba, I've recently worked out a better schedule at home so I can be pretty sure I can finish a set without being interrupted by a household emergency and have to eat $436 for a set of 109s. I still don't have much time to play....working on that one.

After a decent start, IC5 wanted to sweat me a while and check out the 109s. 90 minutes and $1100 dollars later, I politely asked that he never do that again.

I checked my HH and only found a few glaring errors, no more than I'd find in a sample of winning SnGs. I felt I was bit too aggressive, so I overadjusted and played like a sissy for a few tournies before getting my act together and getting back into positive territory.

So how do the 109s compare to the 30s/50s? Well, based on some advice from Irie, I realized that it doesn't really matter. Some 109s are full of morons, and some are full of sharks, and many have both. Each tournament is different, so picking a strategy beforehand (aggressive or convservative) is silly. Now I just play.

If you really want my opinion, the 109s are tougher than the 50s on average, but it's not a huge leap. I've definately had more games where we are 10 handed at level 4 or 5 than I've seen before. I have more 10th place finishes than I'm used to, but I think only 1 of them happen on level 1.

I haven't see a lot of 2+2er are the 109s. Probably because I'm too lazy to remember your screen names. I've yet to see a "sup bro" in the chat box. This may be due to the fact that the 2+2ers at this level are playing 8+ tables and don't have time for chit-chat.

The only name I recognized was curtains, and I was very dissappointed to have never been able to spite call him in either tournament we were in. Oh well. It's just as well, because I still haven't thought of anything truly witty to say in the chat after I knock him out with J9o.