Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 07:59 AM

Default Can you help me uninstall PLO???

Long story very short, I am mainly a LHE/NLHE player. I decided to try this game called PLO that nobody at low limits knows how to play, so I figured easy money. It went that way for a long time. After a while I decided that I didn't really enjoy the swings that I had with the shortish BR I had. I then move back to NLHE where I can play and not have so much variance when playing well.

My problem is fearing the frickin nuts all the time. Everytime I have a hand I am afraid of a bigger one. I make a flush with T9s I am afraid of the nut flush, I make TPTK with AK and I'm afraid of a set of 3's from somebody with stats of 60/10.

My biggest problem is when the board pairs. For instance a hand from tonight that I keep rekicking myself about.

I get JQo in the sb, 1 MP limper, button limps, i complete, bb does his thing. Flop is 68Tr, checked around, turn is an offsuit 8, checked around again, river is a 9. Now I bet 4BBs, I get miniraised and just call fearing a boat. Of course given the play in the hand I know he has a 7 but I can't muster up the guts to call another raise if I reraise(even though this dipshit is like 50/0).

Is there anything I can do to make this go away or is this not what they mean by "psychology forum" as I've never really read/lurked in this section.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Can you help me uninstall PLO???

You just need to learn how to give your opponent hand ranges. That is hard in omaha because there are so many possible starting hands. Not so much in hold'em.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:37 PM

Link
Old 09-12-2005, 12:24 AM

Hi. TPTK is basically the equivalent of ace high.

PLO is a 4 step process

1.Fold a lot.
2.Play the nuts.
3.Stick w/ low limits for now.
4.Profit!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:51 AM

Damn how many hands did you play at PLO?

I play both games at the same time and haven't really had the problem, realizing that you're doing this though should be a good start, just keep catching yourself and force yourself to revert it.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:26 AM

I have 13,425 hands of PLO spread from 2/12-5/27.

I know what you're saying and I'm trying like the hand I posted there is no way he has a boat but for some reason I just can't see calling another raise in that spot [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

Snowball, I was referring to NLHE when I was talking about TPTK and whatever else I referred to. I was saying when I play NLHE I now fear a set when I have AK. I don't think I(or anybody) could be a winning player if they stick with top pair in PLO.