Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Flop nut straight...played right?

well i guess i should just sling my money in the pot next time and just forget about all the possibilities..?

any card is dangerous when dealing with limpers and cold callers and then a miniraise on the river.. how can you say i think every card is a dangerous one?

if the opponent has made his draw on the turn hes probably betting it. and now theres one guy coming in for a raise on the river saying hes either scared or something, made a good second best hand, or he knows you're coming and wants to get value for his backdoor hand.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:36 PM

its well put.. but it also doesnt bring any evaluation into the scheme.

we're talking about this hand because it has a lot of different scenario's and is the question of losing or winning a large pot.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:42 PM

all i was talking about was your comment about the turn card, not the river card.
the only cards that can beat you on the turn is when the board pairs or somebody hits a gutshot (but not very likely to be played here).
neither of those hit.

how can i say that you think every card is dangerous..well you just said the turn card was dangerous since it put two spades on the board. almost 3/4s of the turn cards will put two of a suit on the board, add in cards that pair the board, we have a very high % of cards, that by your defition are dangerous.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah but this turn is a very dangerous card.

i will probably overbet the pot in this case many times.

when that 3rd spade comes and you get a miniraise w/ a straight on the board.. that is reaaallly sketchy after theyve been check-calling the whole time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, the turn is a "very dangerous card?" I would say that it's one of the best cards we can hope for.

Later you say there are many different scenerios, but are there honestly any scenerios here other than runner-runner flush and someone happening to have it due to being a complete donk that actually hurt the hero?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:06 PM

I’d have raised the flop 100% of the time here. You want to get all the money in and the chances of that happening are better if you build the pot. You also want someone with A2,54 or 33 to play back at you instead of getting scared by a bad turn. And you want to disguise your hand for the times you have 88 or 56 and want folds.

Decent turn card for you – I bet more here, primarily because weaker hands are likely to call. Donks with A’s or 6x should pay you off for at least a bet, and sets/flushdraws, and two pair might call too. Tho you scare away mid pairs, you were not likely to get their stack anyway. And this is no more a dangerous card than 35 other cards in the deck.

Note that as played, if LP saw your hand and knew how you’d play the flop/turn, then his flop call is easily correct.

-g