Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-18-2005, 07:07 AM

Default My whine about a whiner

Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but this seems to be the place to whine about things. This is my beyach-slap to the whiny nerdicus who sat to my left in a live game tonight:

YES, I repeatedly 3-bet the table maniac with hands such as A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

YES, I made it unprofitable for you to call with middle pairs, halfway decent aces, and the like.

I was in a favorable spot to isolate the maniac, and I took full advantage. It's called POSITION. This particular subject has come up once or twice in noted poker books.

Besides, did you not notice that the maniac took me and nearly everyone else at the table to the cleaners by raising with all manner of junk and then flopping the nuts with it? A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is a great hand for isolating someone who raises with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], except for when the flop gives him a damn wheel.

So I say to you, Mr. Nerdicus, and to all other pissers who complain that I constantly raise your blind, that I'm too loud, that I raised you off a good hand, and the like: [censored] off and move five feet to another table if you don't like me. It's Atlantic City, bro! It's not like we're at the only available card game in Smallsville, SomeState USA.

There. My whine is over. Time for sleep.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:10 AM

Default Re: My whine about a whiner

The elderly get all fired up over isolation plays on maniacs because it involves them tossing 33 away. 33 could be a jackpot hand...
Old 12-18-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: My whine about a whiner

[ QUOTE ]
The elderly get all fired up over isolation plays on maniacs because it involves them tossing 33 away. 33 could be a jackpot hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, this was neither a jackpot game nor a rock player. The nit was seriously pissed that I took away the opportunity for him to reraise with marginal hands and then watch his variance run all over the map as the Maniac dragged pot after pot with his random holdings.

At one point, the nit looked down at his cards after I had reraised, stated that he would like to be heads up against the maniac, and whined that I was putting him in a bad position (again, that little POSITION thingy coming into play). Then he whined for 3-4 minutes about how he would have won the pot, at one point snidely saying "well, YOU must be a [censored] poker expert."

Gah. Get over it already.