Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: Stars support decision. Should I be mad? (long)

This stuff has happened to me before, and you did exactly what you should report it to support. You should do it everytime this happens, alot of people are unaware of the cardroom rules, hence the warning.

I think PS supports answers/replies were top notch, and that is about what can be expected.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This player's irresponsible chat cost me $200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.
Not even close. You have no way of knowing this.

I don't think Stars response was unreasonable.

I don't think his chat needs to be blocked for this.
give him a warning not to do that...and if he does it repeatedly then he can have it blocked.

[ QUOTE ]
Any player playing 3/6 NL should know that you don't open your mouth during a hand

[/ QUOTE ]

There are lots and lots and lots of players out there who don't know the rules.
some of these players have money to burn and play 3/6NL or higher. It happens.
The stakes one plays should not be a barometer of how well acquainted with rules one should be.

there were all kinds of players at the WSOP main-event who had absolutely no clue what they were doing. Didn't know what a string-bet was...etc etc.
One guy put his chips in his pocket during a break. That is an automatic disqualifier and is a rule that any half-brained tourney player is familiar with.
Again...this was at the main-event of the WSOP.

I'd be willing to bet that there have been some rich-fish who have stepped into the 'big' game at the Bellagio ($4k/$8k) who weren't terribly familiar with the basic rules or etiquette. of poker.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:50 AM

Based on your reasoning, I guess you shouldn't have received any money back in this thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...5&fpart=all

After all, he may have just not known the rules. And that's ok, right? Maybe just give him a warning.

I'm sorry - it is your responsibility to know the rules of a game you play. If not, that *should* be your problem, not anyone elses. They're available to read.

Ryan
Old 11-19-2005, 04:55 AM

I do believe it would have been satisfactory to let him off with a warning.

I specifically stated in the thread that I probably would have lost anyway.

Regardless, an entire table putting forth a stalling-for-survival strategy is different than you situation.

I would have been satisfied to receive those responses from Stars had the same happened to me.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:33 AM

ryanghall

You came here to see if anyone agreed with you. Its pretty obvious that no one does so dont be so defensive and let it go. You got your answer. The people who took the time to read that mammoth post of yours have said a warning was enough.

rJ
Old 11-19-2005, 09:48 AM

I've never played a tourney live but have played numerous times in cash games. I did not know you can't remove your chips from the table in a tourney. You learn something new every day here.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:38 AM

im sorry but i dont think youre gonna get your money in any way

im sure stars runs into this sort of thing all the time, and if they really wanted to enforce something about it, theyd turn off chat for those not currently in the hand, or something like that

good news is that kodan armada has a buttload of money to give away (i think he placed high in one of the sunday 500k ... i dont remember, maybe it was just one of the 45ks or something)
Old 11-20-2005, 11:22 PM

Players need to learn to keep their mouths shut. One time headsup in a live 10/20 game I had a guy raising me heads up with the Ace high flush (he thought it was the nuts) versus my straight flush. After our 5th re-reraise a player leans over to him and asks him if he has the straight flush. He turned beet-red and just calls. Infuriating to me. I believe they should have removed this guy's voice box in the live game. The fine folks at Sam's Town didn't feel this was ethically permissible.... but in your case they should suspend his chat, no doubt. Keep fighting.
Besides his lame reference to one of the worst sci-fi films of all time already should count as a strike against him.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:24 AM

Can Stars support give me back my five minutes?
Old 11-21-2005, 02:17 AM

Next time handle it yourself.

Stand up like a man and tell the guy to shut the [censored] up. God only knows how many times I've had to yell at these asscrickets who coach others during hands and berate fish for bad plays... etc.

Getting two thorough responses to your redundant inquiries only bolsters Stars' reputation as the best CS provider in this industry.

Although you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you should at least be happy that someone listened and something was done about it.

PG