Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Re: $11 - 88 on button, makes me wonder about betting impetus

[ QUOTE ]
Also the blinds are always worth stealing. If you begin a tournament with 45 extra chips, your ROI when compared to starting with just 1000 goes up signifigantly. If you look at it this way you will see that stealing the blinds does matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I remember that thread, couldn't find it after doing some searching.

Let me first say I agree that getting those extra chips definitely matters, I'm not arguing that point. Is it worth trying to pick them up at the 11s? I haven't checked this out a lot, but it feels like the vast majority of my early round steal attempts get action, so I don't have a high success rate of picking them up uncontested. Do the times when I win because I use my position postflop, and when I make a hand that I'm happy to play hard, make up for all the times I get called and have to give up?

Just so you know I'm not challenging what you said. It feels like raises get called a lot more than they should, so I'm wondering if it's worth it to try to pick up blinds with weaker hands.