Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2003, 01:08 PM

Default 100-200 Hand...did anyone play it well?

Hi

This is a hand I observed, but didnt actually take part in. The play, certainly by the supposedly good player struck me as very unusual, but I accept I may be out of my depth. Here goes.

It was full game, with quite a lot of aggression, often on marginal looking hands. However, this was still mostly resulting in two or three way action to the flop. A seemingly loose player raises mid-late. The very good player calls on the button. True to table form, the blinds passed. The flop came T84 mixed suits. The opener bet and the button called. The river came a Q and the opener bet...the button raised, reraised, capped at 4 bets. The river was a seemingly blank, and the opener check-called. The opener had QTo and the button had J9s. Comments?
Old 11-03-2003, 02:24 AM

Default Re: 100-200 Hand...did anyone play it well?

Nothing really strikes me as that unusual about that hand. Im assuming the good player maybe isnt as good as you suspect if he is smooth calling with that hand on the button. On the flop I dont see anything wrong with the button just smooth calling the bad players bet. The pot has probably become big enough where the good player is going to make a play at the pot heads up with this draw agaist a seemingly random hand. Perhaps he was going to wait until the turn and make his decision depending on what fell.

When the straight card hit, I think the action was pretty normal, especially for a game that size. I think the "bad player" three betting on turn is by far the right play.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:17 AM

Tx, Gf, I felt the call with J9s was really bad. He's not going to get volume, and he's on the back foot already. If his call does encourage th blinds in, its more than likely going to be with hands that compete with his, not hands he may "like", such as A rag. It seemed to me to be a very clear fold, or at best a raise. Also, why not raise the flop? Sure people like the delayed raise on the turn but Im not sure this is the place for it.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:23 AM

Default Wow?

[ QUOTE ]
The river came a Q and the opener bet...the button raised, reraised, capped at 4 bets. The river was a seemingly blank, and the opener check-called.

[/ QUOTE ]

A game with two Rivers!! Too bad it's missing a turn [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2003, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Wow?

Hey. It's a $100/$200 table. They get 2 rivers.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:59 PM

Default Rushmore and Orange...tx for the comment

You guys are good at spotting typos...how about my grammar next? Maybe I can post up a .wav file and you can correct my diction.
Old 11-03-2003, 02:08 PM

Was this game on Pokerstars?
Old 11-03-2003, 03:20 PM

Paluka, you rumbled me...yes it was. I didnt want to mention it as I didnt want the identities of the protagonists to cloud the comment. But as theres beeen no comment anyway...:-)

dd
Old 11-03-2003, 03:23 PM

Are you sure the table was actually full? The table often looks full but people are constantly sitting out.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:12 PM

Absolutely...I had been watching for some time. At worst it was 8-9 handed. Any thoughts?

dd