Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-26-2005, 06:13 PM

Default AA-----what\'s my river line

Villain that reraised seemed somewhat TAG, didnt seem like a bad player. BB seemed way too loosed and not very good

Party Poker 15.00/30.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.67 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls and is all in.

Turn: (9.33 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB is all in, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (11.33 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Check call/Bet Fold/Bet Call and why?
Old 12-26-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: AA-----what\'s my river line

Very easy bet/fold line. Clear value-bet.

He's calling all overpairs you beat, and only raising you with TT. He's not bluffing you with the all-in player.

Garland
Old 12-26-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not bluffing you with the all-in player.

[/ QUOTE ] There is a fairly decent chance CO has the second best hand. Making a big laydown here is IMHO a bad idea. I would get a sick feeling in my stomach and call. Unless you believe BB is going to take the main pot a high percentage of the time...
Old 12-26-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very easy bet/fold line. Clear value-bet.

He's calling all overpairs you beat, and only raising you with TT. He's not bluffing you with the all-in player.

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so sure about that.

If you're the villain in this hand and have something like x9c, don't you think raising this river could be an excellent play?
Old 12-26-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain that reraised seemed somewhat TAG, didnt seem like a bad player.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If you're the villain in this hand and have something like x9c

[/ QUOTE ]

If the villain is tight aggressive, then the x you described would also be a 9, which is another hand hero cannot beat.

If he were to semi-bluff the straight-draw, raising the turn would be the time to do it.

I stand by the bet-fold line.

Garland
Old 12-27-2005, 12:00 AM

Bet/call.

Villain's call on the flop and turn seem to indicate he is in call down mode. IMO, his likely range of hands are 10 10 - KK and maybe AK. I think villain would have raised on the flop or turn with a set, and it is unlikely to be his holding especially considering his 3bet preflop.

It is unlikely that he would bet with a worse hand after being checked to, but will probably call with JJ-KK, and maybe, although unlikely, call with AK.

If villain has 10 10, he will raise but, getting 14-1 on your river call I think you must call a raise.

Just my 2 cents,
ts
Old 12-27-2005, 12:06 AM

I thought I was in the fricking SH forum still. So ya, I agree with you.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:49 AM

Default RESULTS

I bet the river and villain raised. I wasn't happy at all about it, but thought that there was a good chance that villain was making a play. This may or may not be a correct assumption. The only hand that I could put him on with a T was TT. I called his raise and that is exactly what he showed. Thanks for the imput and more definitely welcomed. I do think that Bet/fold is the best line here IMHO unless villain is capable of getting really out of line.

Scags