Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-26-2005, 12:21 PM

Default is the fix in?

Approximately 5 weeks ago I complained to Interpoker about an instance of verbal abuse directed at several women players on their site. Some of this was directed at myself, when I attempted to stop the behavior. I did manage to copy a bit of the dialogue and post it to their service department, and received a post informing me that they had suspended chat privileges for at least one of the individuals involved.

Now, prior to this occurence, I had been a consistent winner at their site, here and there a bad day, and here and there a good day, but mostly moving up. Immediately after lodging my complaint, however, this winning ceased. I had a four hour period in which I lost just shy of 200BB, involving the most stunning flops and rivers for my opponents. Of course, this is variance, you say. And it may well be. With very careful play, I managed to recoup most of this money over the next few days, by avoiding multi-way pots, mostly. Nonetheless, since that time, I have consistently and persistently lost to flops and rivers on virtually every hand I have played under this account, from my home computer.

In itself, this may mean nothing. Variance. Although 5 weeks of it seems to be pushing the envelope. Now the kicker is, I have accounts at various other cryptologic sites, and find that when I play those accounts, I DO NOT experience beats like this. I also have played my InterPoker account from a machine at work, and have normal distributions. I have tried playing the accounts of friends of mine, and had them play my account, and the results have been identical, I have normal distributions, and they have abnormal distributions.

Something to think about, isn't it?...
Old 12-26-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: is the fix in?

no.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:38 PM

Did you happen to cash out around the same time too?

The human brain has evolved to find patterns in seemingly unrelated things. Great for seeing the lion behind the bush and seeing pictures in the clouds or faces in a fire.

Correlation doesn't mean causation.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:47 PM

variance is a weird thing
Old 12-26-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something to think about, isn't it?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm.. no
Old 12-26-2005, 01:55 PM

Which is likelier?

Scenario A) You're just experiencing a run of bad luck at one particular site, compounded by the fact that after a certain amount of said bad luck, you tend to expect bad things, not play hands optimally, and thus perpetuate the vicious cycle;

Scenario B) The player(s) you narc'ed on have exacted their devious revenge by hacking the site and rigging the system so that somehow you always get screwed;

Scenario C) Interpoker is punishing you for being a tattle-tale.

Think I'll go with A) here. You're on tilt. It's a slow-burn kind of tilt, but it's tilt nonetheless.

If you expect to lose in this game, you probably will.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:14 PM

This post makes you sound dumb.