Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-12-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Curtains Hand #1 (1C5)- Bubble play

I stop+go very rarely overall. It just seemed like a decent spot. I mean honestly my decision was made with a maximum of 5-10 seconds of thought (You dont want to think too much when planning a stop+go IMO). I still thnik a stop+go is okay, but I believe the difference between stop+go and just pushing here, is very close and its hard to say either way which is correct.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

with A9 you usually will not face a big risk of a chop from a smaller A. this would be more valid if you had something like A6. getting called there would mean you're a ~88% favorite, which is enough that you want a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my point was that when 2 overcards come to my nine, then I do risk a decent chance of a chop, and these are the most likely hands for my opponent to fold something like A4. Its a lot more likely they will fold a KQ3 flop than a K62 flop.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:30 AM

I'm not sure how this thread has gone on three pages.

This should be a very obvious stop n go.
1. Your hand is too good to fold preflop
2. You want to win this pot without showing down
3. Button will call nearly 100% of the time preflop

Somebody said that seeing the flop doesn't add much FE, but it adds enough to make this the right play imo. Button is NOT folding his hand preflop, but if he misses he will often make the mistake of folding to an all-in.

I'm not sure what curtains did here, because I just read the first page and couldn't take it anymore. I'd be incredibly surprised to find he did anything other than SNG here.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:32 AM

I stopped and go'ed, I don't think its really that clear as you say...meaning the difference between the two plays is extremely minor.