Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Re: LC: No doubt the WORST call I have seen in 3000+ SnGs

[ QUOTE ]
See my edit, let me put it this way, most donks will fold a hand here that they are limping in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think it's so clear-cut. Many will try to "trap" against the "bully" with their "monster" AJ... especially if they are pissed at you already... like in this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And before anyone else writes about how wrong this is... I know it's wrong... I'm explaining how the donk thinks.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yo, if you are going to be making posts like this at least make them legitimate. This call was bad, but I have seen a lot worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been called here and been a favorite tons of times, and I've played like 3 SnGs.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
See my edit, let me put it this way, most donks will fold a hand here that they are limping in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think it's so clear-cut. Many will try to "trap" against the "bully" with their "monster" AJ... especially if they are pissed at you already... like in this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And before anyone else writes about how wrong this is... I know it's wrong... I'm explaining how the donk thinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he "trapped" me. haha, oh well.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:05 PM

This is a good push....if your opponent is good. If he had been berating you for the way you played before the hand, the push is horrible. Since I'm guessing he thinks you suck for pushing a lot and abusing the bubble. If he doesn't get that, and is trashtalking, he will call with a lot here. Might even spitcall. Horrible call though, but I've witnessed worse.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:35 PM

This at a $109, please note the blind sizes and stuff.

I had a read on the raiser as an absolutely huge LAG and on the caller to his raise as an absolutely huge fish.. I don't usually overpush like this.

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 2 - 10 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 1330 Chips
SB: 1350 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 975 Chips</font>
UTG: 1050 Chips
UTG+1: 975 Chips
MP1: 490 Chips
MP2: 1055 Chips
MP3: 945 Chips
LP1: 655 Chips
CO: 1175 Chips

Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Blinds are 15/30

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 RAISES ($150)</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="green">LP1 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, Hero is All-In, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, LP1 is All-In

(2 players) FLOP: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 1795 Chips )

(2 players) TURN: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 1795 Chips )

(2 players) RIVER: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 1795 Chips )

Final Pot:1795 Chips

Results in white below:
<font color="white">BB shows:QdAh,a pair of aces</font>
<font color="white">LP1 shows:8hKh,a pair of eights</font>
Old 12-07-2005, 09:45 PM

That's gotta be one helluva read. Looks like it might have been.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:46 PM

I'd played both of them before.. the LAG had some ridiculous stats like 58/38 and the fish 48/3. Appallingly bad.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:47 PM

OMGOMG what a suckout king you are i can't believe you hit that ace on the river he had a flushdraw AND a pair!!11!one!!

holla
Old 12-07-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. Your push is terrible. yes, terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't disagree more with this.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

P.S. Your push is terrible. yes, terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't. This is classic bullying. Two shorties about to bust out, there are lots of players who would call with nothing but AA-KK, many more who wouldn't call with more than AA-JJ, AK.

The call was ridiculously stupid -- it matters not in the least that he ended up being in a dominating position.

However, this is not anything close to the worst call you've seen. If you think it is after 3000+ SnG's, then you haven't been paying close enough attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this "classic" bullying you speak of?!? It sounds so amazing and magical I wish I knew something about it...

Umm seriously though once you get past the stage in your poker life of making the "right" play that incorrectly assumes a corresponding "correct" play from your opponent you will be a signifigantly better player.
Closed Thread