Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Bellagio Poker deposit boxes?? Best way to manage large BR there??

So I'm going to stay at the Bellagio in a few weeks, and this will be my first time in a B&M cardroom since I moved up to the 30/60 and higher games.

I figure that I'll likely want access to at least $5,000 to $10,000 while I'm there. And I don't want to really be walking around with that money, nor leave it in my room, since I'll really have no use for it outside of the poker room.

I frequently see people who get chips from what appears to be their own personal deposit box in the poker room money cage. How do these work? Can I just ask for one when I get there? Is there a minimum amount you must put in there for them to give you one? (I assume they're free).

Any other tips for managing a large-ish bankroll while I'm there??
Old 12-05-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Bellagio Poker deposit boxes?? Best way to manage large BR there?

Old 12-05-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Bellagio Poker deposit boxes?? Best way to manage large BR there??

$5,000 - $10,000 is not a large bankroll.

If you don't want to carry it around, put it in that big metal box thing in your room.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:15 PM

Bellagio has in-room safes. That's probably the easiest way to handle it. You could always ask the poker room if you can use a box, but it's probably not worth the hassle.

I'm not sure how it works at Bellagio, but at The Mirage there's a sign indicated only one box can be opened at a time. That means you could be waiting on your box.

Regards,

T
Old 12-05-2005, 03:28 PM

10K is a rubber band job. If you don't feel comfortable carrying that kind of money around, then poker isn't the thing for you.

If you are paranoid, though, then there are choices. Don't use the in-room safes for anything. I don't think that you'll be able to get a poker room safe deposit box, since I'm sure they're all taken. If you can get one, go ahead.

The front desk of many hotels has a safe deposit box, as does the cage. If you want to get one, then fine. There's a minimal deposit but you get it back. 100 bucks I think. I did this at the Monte Carlo once and it was fine. It was a lot more than 10K, though.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:36 PM

i suggest getting two 5k chips as soon as you arrive. enjoy.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10K is a rubber band job. If you don't feel comfortable carrying that kind of money around, then poker isn't the thing for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

10K is QUITE a large sum of money to probably 90%+ of the population in the US, even those of us who make a comfortable living don't sneeze at 10 grand.

Not all of us can be high rollers playing with hundreds of thousands every night and I think it's pretty elitest to say that if you don't then "poker isn't the thing for you"
Old 12-05-2005, 04:41 PM

10K is a large sum of money to most people, however, in a poker room 10K doesn't really qualify you for a box...if you're a regular it may be a little different but that's not the case here...two 5k chips sounds like one of the better options
Old 12-05-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10K is QUITE a large sum of money to probably 90%+ of the population in the US, even those of us who make a comfortable living don't sneeze at 10 grand.

Not all of us can be high rollers playing with hundreds of thousands every night and I think it's pretty elitest to say that if you don't then "poker isn't the thing for you"

[/ QUOTE ]

I am certainly not a high roller, my total poker roll right now is hovering around $1,000, and I have less than 2k to my name right now, but even I think $10k is not much to worry about in a poker room.

Carrying around a lot of money does not increase your likelyhood of being robbed/losing it unless you are not carfeul about handling it.

If it makes you nervouse buy one of those vinyl pouches that wrap around your leg or body and keep it under your clothes.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:02 PM

A briefcase handcuffed to the wrist is another option. Just don't lose the key.