Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-30-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Re: opposite day...

I like the turn c/r.

against this line-up I would generally do a flop check/call.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
against this line-up I would generally do a flop check/call

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain why? Just curious...

Jeff
Old 11-30-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

yea please do...that would never cross my mind...or if it did my mind would say now that's silly b/c if an A/K falls you kinda have to go all passive [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Barron
Old 11-30-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Works for me. I try to randomize how I play in spots like this.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

if the turn was a blank i'd have bet it.

Barron
Old 11-30-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

yea please do...that would never cross my mind...or if it did my mind would say now that's silly b/c if an A/K falls you kinda have to go all passive [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong but I think the idea is getting the same amount of bets in while disguising your hand much more. After leading flop and c/r turn, villian can easily give you credit for a hand. Smart villians may even be able to sniff out the fact that something is up and take a free card with AK or whatever on turn hoping to catch/call you down on riv. By check calling however, you are disguising your hand much better making it much easier for villian to auto-fire on turn.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong but I think the idea is getting the same amount of bets in while disguising your hand much more. After leading flop and c/r turn, villian can easily give you credit for a hand. Smart villians may even be able to sniff out the fact that something is up and take a free card with AK or whatever on turn hoping to catch/call you down on riv. By check calling however, you are disguising your hand much better making it much easier for villian to auto-fire on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling that rainbow flop makes it more likely villian will check behind on turn.

Barron
Old 11-30-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would almost guarante DC is checkraising the turn here. I like it a lot.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
I really dont like checkraising Top pair, ten kicker, on a QJ9x board. I believe that Barron will be 3 bet too often to make this play worth it. Although the turn jack card gave barron a nice draw, this cannot be a card barron wanted to see since this card can possibly improve the villians hand more than it improved Barron's hand. Once again I will reiterate that I can be way off here, just letting you know why I think Barron is check/calling the turn.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
I really dont like checkraising Top pair, ten kicker, on a QJ9x board. I believe that Barron will be 3 bet too often to make this play worth it. Although the turn jack card gave barron a nice draw, this cannot be a card barron wanted to see since this card can possibly improve the villians hand more than it improved Barron's hand. Once again I will reiterate that I can be way off here, just letting you know why I think Barron is check/calling the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

no. i was checkraising the turn. im indifferent to villian's bet or check. if he checks behind very few cards can improve his hand. an A or maybe one or twoother cards on the river would be bad.

given that the bb folded on the flop this guy would raise many holdings. i bet planning to bet/3bet b/c i expected a raise. when he just called, i put him on a hand possibly like KJ/AK/AJ/AT almost all of those hands he'd bet if i checked the turn and then be forced (in his mind) to call the c'r.

-Barron

if i get 3bet im still in good shape b/c i have tons of outs.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. i was checkraising the turn. im indifferent to villian's bet or check. if he checks behind very few cards can improve his hand. an A or maybe one or twoother cards on the river would be bad.

given that the bb folded on the flop this guy would raise many holdings. i bet planning to bet/3bet b/c i expected a raise. when he just called, i put him on a hand possibly like KJ/AK/AJ/AT almost all of those hands he'd bet if i checked the turn and then be forced (in his mind) to call the c'r.

-Barron

if i get 3bet im still in good shape b/c i have tons of outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds good to me, I like the way you played this hand, very aggressive and thought provoking. It sounds like you are "playing your opponent" very well on this one.
So my guess as to what youre intentions were in this hand were indeed way off, I guess Im not really good at reading your mind yet Barron, a few more of these kind of posts and Ill have you figured out [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 03:29 PM

i know people can't read my mind...but i hoped it would be more interesting to see the responses unbiased by my thoughts on the hand. and we all learn more by seeing ways different people interperet the same action's intentions.

i think i will use this format w/o my thoughts for a little bit.

Barron