Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: ATo Flops Three Tens...

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with you housenuts. I don't see raising this hand after 2 EP limpers. First in, yeah, but after 2 limpers? I would fold it and wait for a better spot to get my money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

ATo is far better than most of what these loose-passive players are limping.

-McGee
Old 11-28-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't really like raising this hand preflop. in fact i probably just fold it. is that a debate, or is it ok?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm with you housenuts. I don't see raising this hand after 2 EP limpers. First in, yeah, but after 2 limpers? I would fold it and wait for a better spot to get my money in.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is definitely a good enough hand to value-raise to weak limpers with. What would sway this decision one way or the other would be the qualities of the players behind Hero and in the blinds.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if raising the flop was better or waiting until the turn was best. MP1 and MP2 are Loose Passive, but capable of bluffing for no reason in a bad spot. Other player is average. MP1 actually baffles me, he is 50/.5/.5 but a 3BB/100 winner over 500 hands. He's on my buddy list, but never seems to lose.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

for what it's worth, I'd play AA and KK the same way with this flop and your position. JJ and QQ I'd raise just to get some random a-x or k-x to fold or call 2.

raising this flop is not good becuase no one will call 2, unless they have a T.

Raising the turn is good becuase if someone picked up a flush draw, now they have to pay, it you raise the river, and they have missed this draw, they won't call then.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't really like raising this hand preflop. in fact i probably just fold it. is that a debate, or is it ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think ATo is too good of a hand to fold in this situation. I would call.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:29 PM

Never mind I thought the hand was ATs...

I throw away ATo in the three early positions, but here I think it's a raise. Folding is not good, in my opinion, as the limpers will often be playing inferior hands. Raising is particularly good if you have tags on your left that will fold hands you don't want in there against you and allow you to buy the button.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:32 PM

Basically this hand sucks because you have such awful relative position.

In general, though, I think it's better to raise the flop, as your opponents might call two cold on the flop with marginal stuff but will never call two cold on the turn. Raising the turn even gives the flop bettor an easy opportunity to fold. It also might slow down an opponent with the case T and a weaker kicker, whereas raising the flop encourages them to "trap" by calling the flop and raising the turn, giving you an opportunity to make a really sexy turn three-bet.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:39 PM

No, posting from law school in Michigan. Not sure where the Fantasy Hockey Cafe is (judging from your avatar, maybe Pittsburgh?).
Old 11-28-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, posting from law school in Michigan. Not sure where the Fantasy Hockey Cafe is (judging from your avatar, maybe Pittsburgh?).

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's a fantasy hockey forum
Old 11-28-2005, 07:34 PM

For those who say raise the flop, what do you do on the turn and river afterwards?
Old 11-28-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those who say raise the flop, what do you do on the turn and river afterwards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... bet...