Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-20-2005, 12:21 AM

Default OT: HOW can i prove i\'m not a BOT???

So I requested a cash-out on November 12. The typical time for a cashout request to be processed is around 24-48 hours, no? (the cashout was made to Neteller). So I call support and they say the account is "under investigation", they ask for a copy of a driver's license, so I go along with them and send them a copy. Two days later nothing has happened. After numerous calls to their investigations department I finally come to find out that they have irrefutable evidence that my account actually IS under the control of "AI". They say they have sent 20-30 pop up messages (the ones where they screw with the letters so bots cant interpret and you type the word in), they also say that on numerous occasions I have made actions at 4-5 tables simultaneously (like within mili-seconds), they also try to convince me that they have talked to a person "associated" with the account and that they have admitted to a "BOT" being in use.

I am not a BOT, I have never used a BOT, I wouldnt have the slightest idea of how to create a program or even where to find such a program.

So now (after I deny said charges) they send the situation to the next level for further investigation.

Comments/suggestions?

I am just venting because I was also a jerk and the acccusation is crazy so I really would like some advice.

thanks.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: OT: HOW can i prove i\'m not a BOT???

"finally come to find out that they have irrefutable evidence that my account actually IS under the control of "AI"."

Tell them that if they "knew" you had a bot then your account would already have been closed. Tell them to stop d!cking you about and send you the money you sweat for.

Tell me this isn't party, after all they don't take much action against colluders, pretty bad if they start busting our balls accusing us (serious, fair players who pay them a $hitload of money) of being bots, WITHOUT any evidence.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:42 AM

Tell them if you were a bot you'd never ever be offline. Or maybe they'll just call you stupid too and ask for more 'evidence'.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:29 AM

What poker site was this?
Old 11-20-2005, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What poker site was this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since they are talking about the popups with the LSD lettering, I think it's safe to say it is Åarty.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:07 PM

If everything you say is true then you shouldnt have a problem. Just give it time and be persistant.

If I were in your shoes I would be pissed and screaming at someone.

The only thing you have to worry about is if you are lying to us and you really have some sort of bot-helper.

Do you 10 table? how many hours a day do you play?

There must be a reason why party has singled you out. Find that reason , explain and your off the hook.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they also say that on numerous occasions I have made actions at 4-5 tables simultaneously (like within mili-seconds)

[/ QUOTE ]

just because that's when their servers received your packets, doesn't mean you made those decisions within milliseconds. and if you have two ISP's then that would make even more sense.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:01 PM

and another thing...if you've already checked one of the action boxes, you could easily have multiple decisions made in milliseconds. what a bunch of pricks.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:17 PM

I agree with bawcerili, with packet routing, switching, and revolving lag time on the internet connection receiving your response packets is not any hard evidence of when exactly your respond. Put that on top of the fact that you can act in advance (check mark your response), that response carries no validity. Good luck!
Old 11-20-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just because that's when their servers received your packets, doesn't mean you made those decisions within milliseconds. and if you have two ISP's then that would make even more sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't implement the check as you're describing. I'm pretty sure that they'd be checking the OP's system clock and timestamping the GUI's response to a mouse click.