Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 06:09 PM

Default A Challenge For The Part Time Players

I've read the other challenges in the past and they have seemed like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I work for a living and I can't play 100 SNG's a day like some of the posters on this board.

So here is a challenge for those players that work a 9-5 job and those that just play for fun.

I am going to take $200 and play the $11 sits at Party Poker. I will turn a $1000 profit by November 15th. As a side challenge, I think I can do it in under 230 tournaments.

I will update my progress a few times until the deadline and I would love to see some other "part-timers" join in.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: A Challenge For The Part Time Players

What time will you be playing? As a 9-5er, I usually play 9-10ish to 12ish+ 3-4 nights a week.

What's your screen name?

(Secretly I want to join a few tables you play on and specifically try to bust you) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 06:17 PM

So you figure you're good for 40% ROI at the $11s while being underbankrolled? Good luck but I think you're a big dog to make $1000 in 230 $11s.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:19 PM

I have the bankroll to play the $55's. I'm slumming for the challenge and the fact that I've been running bad and need a reason to rededicate myself to playing better. Doubters like you motivate me.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:21 PM

On weeknights, it's usually sometime between 4:00 PM and 9:00 PM PST. Weekends could be anytime.
My screen name is larryvq. Go ahead and try to take my money. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2005, 01:20 AM

Ok we are off to a quick start. In the first 16 tournaments I have won $104. That's a 56% return on my money right now.

Next update will be after Sunday.

PS. If anyone wants to tell me how to cut and paste a screen shot from PokerTracker I would be happy to include it.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:27 AM

I'll join you. Not sure how many I'll get in. I'm in school right now, but I'll give it a shot. I doubt I can make 1000 by Nov 17th, but I'll try with you. I'm Ryno620 on party.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS. If anyone wants to tell me how to cut and paste a screen shot from PokerTracker I would be happy to include it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really care about seeing your screenshot of PT to believe you, but I can tell you how to do it anyways. Just hit the Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard. It's probably somehwere near your num lock key. Then paste it into a paint program. Save. And upload to a site like imageshack or photobucket.