Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 10-28-2005, 02:17 AM

Default The hand where kyro wears a skirt

Pahty Pokah $55

UTG is a 2p2er. Button was a multi-tabler, but (and I can't put my finger on WHY exactly), I wasn't too impressed with the little I saw. I'm still trying to put him on a range. BB has been hitting hands left and right and talking it up a lot.

Blinds are 100/200. UTG pushes for 1300ish. Button pushes for 2000ish. I have 1600ish and TT in the SB. BB behind me has half the chips in play.

Who calls. Who folds. How close is it. If it's a call, what's the best you'd fold. If it's a fold, what's the worst you'd call?

Hugs and kisses!

EDIT: 4 PEOPLE LEFT
Old 10-28-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Re: The hand where kyro wears a skirt

10 10, I fold....
Don't think it's real great 3 way...

With only my BB in the middle, I call KK and AA... maybe that's weak tight, but I think these are the only hands that really have great 3 way odds [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 02:19 AM

How many are left? Just you 4? Then I fold pretty easily. I'd only call AA/KK if this is bubble.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many are left? Just you 4? Then I fold pretty easily. I'd only call AA/KK if this is bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, aa/kk, maybe qq if i was feeling frisky
Old 10-28-2005, 02:21 AM

You don't say how many people are remaining =/

Regardless, pretty sure I fold here. UTGs range isnt all that large, probably 77+, AJ+ or so. Button's range should be even tighter, probably 99+, AQ+ (my range would be even tighter here, but you said you werent impressed... I dunno).

I think TT is good fairly rarely here, and I am in acceptable shape with 8xBB and the button next hand. TT is probably the cutoff though. I think I call with JJ and AK, and I know I call with QQ+.

edit: if this is the bubble, I obviously fold AK and QQ.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:22 AM

Just to add discussion, not because I'm advocating a call, because I'm sure it's really close...

But the 2p2er pushes. He has a very wide range, one that I surely crush.

Then this other yeehaw pushes over the top of him. I am also sure that he crushes UTGs range.

I only don't make money if UTG beats Button and Button beats me. How often does this happen?
Old 10-28-2005, 02:24 AM

Hehe we already talked about what my pushing standards are UTG with 1300 at blinds of 100/200, so I'm folding pretty quickly here knowing UTG is a 2+2er. With the added complication of a call/push behind him I think TT looks no good here and I think I'd need KK/AA to call here, but I might be out to lunch. I think I'd be inclined to muck AK too, honestly. No matter what the result of this hand barring an unlikely split, you're going to be in the money or have 1K more chips than the short stack.

Interesting hand though, I wonder how it would feel like if UTG was a maniac. Probably need QQ+ to call.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to add discussion, not because I'm advocating a call, because I'm sure it's really close...

But the 2p2er pushes. He has a very wide range, one that I surely crush.

Then this other yeehaw pushes over the top of him. I am also sure that he crushes UTGs range.

I only don't make money if UTG beats Button and Button beats me. How often does this happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think UTGs range is that wide considering your read on the BB. I know that I'm not in a habit of pushing into a big stack BB that has been involved in a lot of pots from UTG with a mediocre holding.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:26 AM

uh, you lose money if the button beats you... period, guess i don't really understand what you're sayin... 10 10 3 way, gotta expect at least 2 overcards out of the two of them... maybe 3, maybe overpair... not worth the risk to me! how many left ?!?!?!?!?!
Old 10-28-2005, 02:27 AM

I am apparently way too pushbottyess on the bubble. And I thought I had toned it down considerably [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]