Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 12:23 AM

Default TT c/r\'ed on turn. Constant Problem

Wasn't using Poker ACE and just sat down so Villian is an unknown for all intents and purposes. Player stuck between us was terribly and I knew this in the first 3 hands at the table. This situation occurs constantly and I get uber confused.

What is the standard line against a TAG, sLAG, LAG. I'm assuming you fold to any passive player easily.

What do you do if the turn is an undercard?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
Old 10-27-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Re: TT c/r\'ed on turn. Constant Problem

I think you should fold the turn. Once the Jack hits your TT is now a mediocre holding, The big blind's turn checkraise will usually be more than just a jack, and the middle guy calling the checkraise does pose a threat to you for he may have you beat also and even if he doesnt, he can still have somekind of a draw that will improve to beat your hand on the river the few times your hand is best. About how to aproach this hand versus certain player types....I think you should ignore whether hes a tag or lag, it comes down to being aware of what your opponent is capable of, there are tricky tags/lags, and there are nontricky tags/lags.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:26 AM

I swear tonight was like check-raise the turn night at $5-$10. Just constant. Every hand I raised preflop I would either miss the flop and get checkraised with just AK/AQ/AJ/KQ (if I didn't check behind and fold to a river bet), or watch an overcard fall to my 99/TT/JJ/QQ and still get checkraised. I swear, it gives you the feeling that you're being c/red with air after they watch you lay a few down.

Not sure what this has to do with your hand. Sorry. &lt;/vent&gt;
Old 10-27-2005, 02:20 AM

If you aren't folding the turn, you can definitely fold the river. Overcalling here is just giving away money.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:25 AM

That's an easy turn fold and a bad river overcall.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:22 AM

I fold the turn in this scenario, but I think you can call down a turn undercard. And then make a crying fold if an ace comes on the river.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's an easy turn fold and a bad river overcall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the overcall was really insignificant. The player between turn C/R and me would make that play with AK, or 22.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:21 AM

Anybody hate reraising this turn?

*EDIT: Yes, everyone hates reraising this turn given the responses[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2005, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody hate reraising this turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 3-betting the turn is poor IMO. I have few outs to improve so this isn't exactly the best spot for a free showdown. The chance of being capped sucks. That being said, I need to make plays like this more often, i just don't think this is the spot.