Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 10-29-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: GG Steve Danneman

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's just no way you can assume Sammy has AA, AQ, AT, or QQ here. If I remember correctly, Sammy limped in preflop and then called the raise, which would significantly discount the chances of AA and QQ here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can eliminate AA, QQ, and AQ from his holdings in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he didn't come back over the top preflop? (I think the first post is wrong, he did open raise and got reraised). I really doubt this. Its seems to me AQ isn't re-raising here. QQ may want to see a flop, see if A K no flop before commiting on first hand. Even AA can slowplay.

Sammy is unpredictable. The fact that its the first hand of the WSOP is another variable to take into account. You can't just eliminate these hands based on the preflop play.

While a bit crazy, Sammy's no fool. He ain't going broke with trips here (Especially since we can eliminate AK and AJ from his holdings, right? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. So the only hand you put Sammy on when you push must be a str8. Are you saying Sammy's calling all-in with say A6??
Old 10-31-2005, 01:44 AM

I finally caught Dannenmann's phone call in it's entirety.

That was heavily edited. That phone call could easily have taken place more than 15 minutes after the hand.

After the hand, Dannenmann is seen calmly sitting in his seat. You can also see a dealer standing above the box, presumably getting ready to join the table.

Quite a few things happened between the hand and Dannenmann's phone call. Not only that, but Dannenman was clearly away from the table trying to make a personal call which ESPN didn't have any business airing. The way a guy acts making a personal phone call to a buddy thinking he's away from the cameras is much different than the way he may act when he's in public view and knows it.

Edit: Here's an additional observation. Dannenmann was shown on the phone after the players reached the money. I'd guess it was actually the same phone call.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:29 PM

Agree Danneman is a tool from seeing him speaking after the Lederer bluff however I really think the phone call was just him killing a boatload of time as they were on constant break on the bubble, not him giddly running out to call a friend after the hand. If I was killing time while other tables were finishing up their hands I'd have been on the horn a lot I'd guess.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:38 PM

Also, in seeing how we know who wins and who comes in second, presenting Danneman in a negative way may be good for tv.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:58 PM

Not sure what position Sammy was in, but definitely think AT is a limping hand here while AA & QQ are definite raising hands. As for AQo yeah its supposed to be a raising hand but couldn't you see Sammy or anyone limping to be shifty and thus not rule it out entirely? Also, not sure what suits board was showing but there would also be the miniscule chance that someone played KJ suited and royal flush is out there too right?

If you have TT here you're gonna lose a lot of chips here in any event.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:35 AM

All you players who say you could have gotten away from the full house against Farha ... OK, I believe you. But I also believe your tournament life will be a short one if you run away every time someone sneezes at the pot.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have AT then you flopped the nuts here. The turn Q give you second nuts but since you flopped the nuts you have to go broke since if he has AQ you are just so friggin unlucky on the first hand that you just don't want to play anymore anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Genius. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 02:20 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

him, kessler, and sartori all seem like really good, niec people, and it's nice to see people like that win a lot of money