Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-20-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Trying too hard on the river?

I like the idea of the turn cr. The river though, when he raises just fold, that is such a value raise if I have ever seen one in my life. No one is making that with say Ace high in this game trying to make you think that he has a 7 you know? Don't expect to put use the "I know you know I don't have a seven so you are representing a seven with your miniraise but I know you would make that move on me so I reraise cause neither of us have a seven." Almost no one is thinking at this level at 5/10.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:20 PM

Dave, you've given in and started playing the game that's popular with all the kids these days. That's a major step! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Good luck, slow down with the bluffing and enjoy the low variance vacation.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:22 AM

Interestingly, he DIDNT HAVE A 7. He had 88 and had tripped up on the river. He thought for ages and called anyway.

But 99/100 its a value raise.

tx for your patience, AZK.

gl

dd
Old 10-21-2005, 05:28 AM

Beset,

Good to see u...contrary to these two posted hands I am mostly playing wellish, despite there being areas where I find myself not having a clue. I'm not playing every hand like I'm Mike M on his "tablets". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Even after only 3.5k hands this month its very clear the variance is much lower than PLO, especially in a ring game.

gl

dd
Old 10-21-2005, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck, slow down with the bluffing and enjoy the low variance vacation.

[/ QUOTE ]
True [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Even the most vicious downswing in NLHE will seem like a summer breeze compared to PLO.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interestingly, he DIDNT HAVE A 7. He had 88 and had tripped up on the river. He thought for ages and called anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am consistently amazed at how much people suck at poker. Nice hand. People are saying it's a bad bluff and they are right, but not because this play never works. It just requires an interesting parlay of events. Gotta be bad enough to re-open betting w/o a 7 and good enough to fold whatever he was value-raising when you push. Not many people like that.

This was a really gutsy play. I like that part of it a lot. Know your opponent next time.