Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: \"Nice Hand....\"

A straight flush is a nice hand. forget what two pieces o' poop he started with, he still had a nice hand in the end.

I am trying figure out what you should say when you get "sucked out" or, lets face it, outplayed. I doubt a "nice suckout sphinxterboy" will get him to happily dump his checks to you.

BTW, "nice hand" is not an insult in my book. Dodging flying IPODs on the other hand...
Old 08-14-2005, 12:21 AM

Next time you're playing against him and you have aces, use the PROPER term of "ni han" and maybe he will go completely on tilt and you can make an extra small bet or two before the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al
Old 08-14-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Next time you're playing against him and you have aces, use the PROPER term of "ni han" and maybe he will go completely on tilt and you can make an extra small bet or two before the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you the one that always complains about how people conduct themselves in card rooms?
Old 08-14-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I say "Nice Hand". About 3 hands later he brings it up that it really annoyed him I said this...

[/ QUOTE ]

It pissed me off because my wife wouldn't let me get the top of the line prosthetic.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Next time you're playing against him and you have aces, use the PROPER term of "ni han" and maybe he will go completely on tilt and you can make an extra small bet or two before the flop.

al

[/ QUOTE ] Aren't you the one that always complains about how people conduct themselves in card rooms?

[/ QUOTE ]

Details, details. Do as I SAY not as I DO. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey evan, I notice you've got "trouble maker" as your title. Uh-huh. You're a green print guy, I'm the friggin' trouble-maker. Let's just get that straight right now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al

p.s. I'll kick you in the nuts.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After the hand is over though, in my experience 80%+ of the time nice hand just really means [censored] you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda agree here. I think tho it really means...

"screw you JERK, and the camel your grandma rode in from baghdad on, because you got dealt a better hand than me and reraised me and I'm probably going to have to check and fold like a little girl after the flop misses me."

al
Old 08-14-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, that really wrecks my whole day. I was going to go to the beach tomorrow but now that you've reminded me of this I'm just going to cut myself instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, cutting yourself is so "eighties." Today in the (whatever the frig the zeros are) we tend to "stab ourselves in the groin with an icepick" in order to inflict severe self-pain (as a remedy for relieving the agony of extremely bad beats that are coupled with highly witty comments).

al
Old 08-14-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt a "nice suckout sphinxterboy" will get him to happily dump his checks to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that might work good for other things tho, I'll have to remember it.

al
Old 08-14-2005, 10:25 PM

I only say things like 'nice hand' or 'i'm sorry' (if I suck out on some dude or bust someone in a tourney) when I know it will piss the guy off even more. I rarely ever say it to be nice or to complement someone. Pyschological warfare baby!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing gets to me more than when 6 people see the flop and a guy with 64s hits a straight flush and wins 5 BB...then gets complimented on his "nice hand." Christ, it was all luck, and he only got 5 bucks out of it! That's what pisses me off the most, when people get congratulated on hitting huge hands that they shouldn't have even been playing in the first place (nevermind playing them poorly).

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise.