Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 06-15-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: too weak here or ok?

[ QUOTE ]
am i the only one who doesn't like the flop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't even think of it in that way but with a raise preflop it's not a bad idea that he bet they may give him credit and fold right there. If not there's loads of outs.
Though now that I think about it with a hand like this on that flop. Seeing if it's checked around might have given you an edge just by making a turn bet no matter what fell. (covering self, preparing for huge verbal beatdown) Just thought of it that way anyone else see that as a possible line if flop is checked around, and if not still call but saved a bet and fold turn UI. Let the beatdown begin.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the pre-flop raise?

Really how strong is this in MP? Lord Sklansky only rates it as group 3. So does that make it even more powerful post-flop? Come on, really.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the pre-flop raise?

Really how strong is this in MP? Lord Sklansky only rates it as group 3. So does that make it even more powerful post-flop? Come on, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP seems to be on a steal and autobetting the flop. These are (at the very least) defensible actions.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the pre-flop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody doesn't know Lord Sklansky's work as well as he believes.

p.29, First Two Cards: Middle Position

[ QUOTE ]
If you are the first one in, raise with all hands that are in groups 1, 2, and 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to take on a pompous attitude, at least be right.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the pre-flop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

multi-way it's an easy raise
first in - no

p.s. i haven't heard from the sklansky hand groupings for a long time
Old 06-15-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the pre-flop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody doesn't know Lord Sklansky's work as well as he believes.

p.29, First Two Cards: Middle Position

[ QUOTE ]
If you are the first one in, raise with all hands that are in groups 1, 2, and 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to take on a pompous attitude, at least be right.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but actually QTs is group 4, not 3. My error on the side of caution, yours on the side of ignorance and greed.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
True, but actually QTs is group 4, not 3. My error on the side of caution, yours on the side of ignorance and greed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche. (I have long forgotten the exact breakdown of the Sklansky groups. They are fairly useless once you understand preflop play.)

But the preflop raise is still the correct play at the micros by a significant margin.

"Greed" in poker is equated with "play in the way that wins the most money." I'll be greedy in poker all day long.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:58 AM

QT is so vulnerable in MP I want to throw coins to the minions below. I'm greedy too, when I'm ahead. I know when I'm behind or about to be.

I guess since I don't play at Party, I don't know how to play. I played too many RGPers at Full Tilt to be that loose.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
QT is so vulnerable in MP I want to throw coins to the minions below. I'm greedy too, when I'm ahead. I know when I'm behind or about to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I understand that last sentence at all. How do you know that you're behind right now when it's folded to you? And if you are behind, it's more likely that you're behind a weak king or ace, which you would be glad to fold out with a raise. If there's a middle pocket pair out there, you've got 6 outs with 5 cards to come, so you're not in too much trouble. Maybe I've misunderstood you?

[ QUOTE ]
I guess since I don't play at Party, I don't know how to play. I played too many RGPers at Full Tilt to be that loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play at Party, either. This is a raise under most circumstances.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a raise under some circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

I changed your post. I'm sure that you mind. Queen high sooted is hardly worth a raise with 5 yet to play. Even at Paradise there'll be stronger callers. As much as I hate open limping in MP, I'd rather fold than raise here.

[ QUOTE ]
... it's more likely that you're behind a weak king or ace, which you would be glad to fold out with a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure there are facts to back up the assertion that it's likely the A or K is weak. Assertion to the contrary without evidence is spewage, albeit minor. There are 8 overcards to our Q and 15 to the T. Do you really think the fish mucked the majority of those?

I understand the 2+2 mindset is to be aggressive. I have embraced that ideal because of my nature and having seen the value of getting my money in hard with +EV situations. But I think it needs to be tempered with some grasp of the likelihood of our vulnerability.

I (gulp) will (gag) call PF and call a raise but fold to 2 bets back to me. 2 bets, same price, and I can see a flop without folding. Then show me what I can play.

Crap, what was the flop again? We got so balled up in gay preflop that I forgot. Can we quit playing cards now and start playing poker? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]