Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 08:28 PM

Default too weak here or ok?

BB is 31%/8%/1.09 after 195 hands and has WtSD 31% ...

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

thoughts?
Old 06-14-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: too weak here or ok?

Too weak. Seems like you have 6 clean outs plus a backdoor flush draw. Its just a math problem.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-14-2005, 08:30 PM

You have overcards and a BDFD, it's coming back one bet to you HU for 11:1 immediate pot odds and you're folding???

Explain please.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:32 PM

i got caught up looking at his aggression numbers thinking he usually isn't that aggressive. Plus, it happened during my quads hand so I was a little distracted [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2005, 08:36 PM

The pot is big enough to call one more bet on the flop. Be prepared to check/fold the turn UI.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:39 PM

I'd call see if the turn brings your backdoor flush draw out or a Q/K. The pots big enough for your outs and like SSH says (p242), if you fold to a raise of your flop bet to offten people will catch on. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think call and fold to a raise on the turn unless more outs come through. I don't think your incredibly behind at this point though. Most donks would just call the flop bet and C/r the turn (cause that's what they do)if they had hit this obvious draw. Either he's betting an open end, or trying to push people out with his small 4 or something like it.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call see if the turn brings your backdoor flush draw out or a Q/K. The pots big enough for your outs and like SSH says (p242), if you fold to a raise of your flop bet to offten people will catch on. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think call and fold to a raise on the turn unless more outs come through. I don't think your incredibly behind at this point though. Most donks would just call the flop bet and C/r the turn (cause that's what they do)if they had hit this obvious draw. Either he's betting an open end, or trying to push people out with his small 4 or something like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. If villain had flopped a monster, he most likely wouldn't force the field to call 2 cold on the flop.
He'd probably wait for the turn. So Hero is very likely to have 6 clean outs here.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:54 PM

this fold is a disasterous mistake mathematically and pyschologically. in tougher games if people see you bet/folding flops that you raised preflop they're going to have a field day against you.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:47 PM

Putting math and outs aside, I think for no other reason than table image, I will call here to see if I improve on turn, then fold if UI and villian bets.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:27 AM

am i the only one who doesn't like the flop bet?