Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Did someone else play with my best buddy today (maniac)?

He was so wonderful... I was down $1000 today when I thought I should quit then I meat this nice buddy and ended up some $ plus today. I had him one 3 tables at 5/10. When he went in to the pot then he caped almost every street. If you played with him then you know who I mean.. One hand had he 2, 3 and caped pre flop. I had AA and he catched a 3 and stayed to the river.. Only to bad that he catched another 3 there....

Here is a hand I played with him... My thinking in all the hands I played was that I tried to get heads up. Is that the best way or is it better to get it multiway and get al the oters to pay too when you hit a nice hand? Since I know that he probably will cap all the way was my thinking that he give me more money alone compared to the risk to have more players in the pot....

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (12.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (20.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 28.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Tc Th (three of a kind, tens).
MP2 has Ah Qc (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 28.70 BB. </font>

He was so wonderful....
Old 03-21-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Did someone else play with my best buddy today (maniac)?

I had the opposite maniac today:

I was lucky (unlucky) enough to get dealt AA 3 times.
He capped me pf all 3 times with:
56os
56s
83os

and rivered 2 str8s and a flush
no soup for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

glad yours worked out for you
Old 03-21-2005, 03:57 PM

If possible you pretty much always want to make it heads up with a maniac.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:01 PM

They must have opened up the asylum doors today at the Party $5/10's. I had a guy who I played on 4 tables with who raised every hand preflop, three bet it, cap, etc.....I saw him fold to 1 bet on the flop after capping preflop, I saw him cap the flop then fold to a bet on the turn, which was a blank. He also never took his blinds, he would sit out after his UTG hand, then post after the button passed, everytime.

Maybe this was the same guy, but he ended up losing about $800 when he left, according to my PT. Strange days indeed. Unfortunately, I was unable to capitalize on his spewing, I dropped about $500 while at his tables, but ended up down $140 for the day. Oh well, he's on my buddy list if he comes back.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If possible you pretty much always want to make it heads up with a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-21-2005, 04:11 PM

yeah, you definately don't want to be stuck in the middle between a maniac and someone who thinks he has the nuts
Old 03-21-2005, 05:14 PM

It sound like the same guy... I saw him post some blinds but he skipped alot of them too. He steped in and out very often. I played almost 1000 hands with him and he lost 2.6K at my 3 tables. I wonder what the XXXX he was doing. I hope it is a rich guy!
Old 03-21-2005, 05:18 PM

who know I sat at a NL table and watched some guy blow through 4 buyins ($50 each) and at the end said, "Oh well its only funny money"

hopefully he meant it was his screw around cash and not that he thought he was at a play money table
Old 03-21-2005, 05:18 PM

Yes that is the problem with a maniac. They often draw out on you.. Like I said in the first post: He capped preflop with 23 against my AA and then river tripps.. But those times when he do not catch then it is nice.
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]