Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2004, 03:07 PM

Default Two Hands vs. a Manaic

I have been trying out the party 5/10 6 Max games lately. It is the wild west compared to full ring games. So last night I ran into a genuine manaic. I have not seen this type of player in quite a while. These are the only two hands I played against him. They also happened to be played consecutively. Perhaps of note the manaic had been winning till this point.

Party 5/10 6 Max

Hand 1 - The Hat Trick

In the BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG (Manaic) Raises, MP Calls, Button Calls, SB Folds, I Call

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I Check, Manaic Bets, MP Folds, Button Calls, I Checkraise, Manaic 3 Bets, Button Calls, I Call

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I Check, Manaic Bets, Button Calls, I Checkraise, Manaic 3 Bets, Button Folds, I Call

River 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I Check, Manaic Bets, I Checkraise, Manaic 3 Bets, I Call

Manaic had 77

Hand 2 - Very Next Hand

In the SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Button Open Limps, I raise, BB (Manaic) 3 Bets, Button Folds, I Cap It

Flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I Bet, He Raises, I 3 Bet, He Caps It

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I Check, He bets, I Raise, He 3 Bets, I Call

River J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I Check, He Bets, I Call (Nancyboy?)

Results to follow for this one.

The general level of aggressiveness in these games caught me a little off guard. How common are the manaic types in these games? Comments appreciated.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Two Hands vs. a Manaic

Not often you get to check-raise someone 3 times in the same hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I think you need to cap the river, though.

In hand 2 you need to cap the turn and the river if possible. You say he is a genuine maniac (and it sure looks like it) and then you have to make him pay for it. Get in as many bets as possible.

Kludde
Old 07-16-2004, 01:51 PM

as Kludde mentioned.....i say you should have capped the river...with the other hand i would have kept hammering away unless of course you thought he had a better hand.....
[ QUOTE ]
How common are the manaic types in these games? Comments appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends on the table itself...most shorthanded games can get wild since most of the players are willing to play more and bet loosely....get a feel for the table before you enter it and also put notes on your observations
Old 07-16-2004, 01:56 PM

PP 5/10 6-handed games are some of the wildest games I've played in....EVER.

I've won $500 in less than an hour and lost several hundred in less than an hour in those games.

Prepare to see some really strange things.