Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-24-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Minraised on the turn, MEH!

Bodog 200$ NL Full Ring

Hero dealt Qd8d on the small blind

Two people posted blinds out of position, MP limps, button limps, hero completes, BB checks

Pot(12)
Flop: 3d 8s 8h
Hero leads for 9
Only button (158 in his stack, I cover) calls

Pot(30)
Turn: Jh
Hero bets 20
Villain minraises to 40
Hero?

I don't think he would be contesting this pot like this with just a pocket pair. That said, his range would likely be something like 8/6, 8/7, 9/8, A8, J8, 33.

I assume correct/best line here would be call minraise and check call river?

Edit: My main question here is, I don't think he gets away from any of the hands I have him beat on if I put him in, which is going to be a normal-sized reraise. I don't want to call and see a 9 or an 8 slide off and check-vomit-call push on river, although he may let me off easier than that with a value bet. Is reraising on turn bad?
Old 12-24-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Minraised on the turn, MEH!

Nobody ever believes you have an 8 when you bet from the blind with that flop, so his turn raise doesnt mean youre behind by any stretch.

However, if you reraise, hes probably going to fold unless he has an 8 or 33. I call the turn and either lead the river or check/call depending on the player.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:24 AM

Villain seemed SOMEWHAT nitty, I hadn't really seen him do too much. I felt he didn't seem like the type of player to contest a pot in a spot like this without something good, but good is relative.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: My main question here is, I don't think he gets away from any of the hands I have him beat on if I put him in, which is going to be a normal-sized reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, there's no way I expect a dude to fold trips when there's no flush or straight possible. I make a normal sized reraise here
Old 12-24-2005, 01:53 PM

I'd call and donk the river for a little more than half pot
Old 12-24-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: My main question here is, I don't think he gets away from any of the hands I have him beat on if I put him in, which is going to be a normal-sized reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, there's no way I expect a dude to fold trips when there's no flush or straight possible. I make a normal sized reraise here

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I was saying, I certainly don't expect him to fold trips. A normal sized raise here = putting him in.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:14 AM

Yah ok I'm a little confused, I'm not sure what you mean in the OP, but in any case, I stand by re-raising
Old 12-25-2005, 07:04 AM

I don't think a nit will raise you here unless he has Q-8 beaten. You led at a paired board twice so he's not raising you with a PP, he'd most likely just call it down. 8-10 is the best trips you're beating, do you think he would raise you here with that? I'd say he's gonna show you 33 or A8 more often than not. There's no shame in folding the worst hand.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:26 AM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEeew
Old 12-25-2005, 10:14 AM

question: is there a convenient way to copy and paste hands from bodog?