Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 11:46 AM

Default lol 60k+ hands of losing is possible? (im ranting)

Been in a sh*tty f*cking rut for almost 3 months now. Poker sure is fun when you get on each session expecting to lose to the cooler at least 5 times. Log on expecting to lose 7 buyins. To top it off it's also fun playing with no rakeback, thank you party poker!

Things i've tried to get out of rut:

Tried playing more TAG, playing more LAG, focusing on reads and 2 tabling, playing auto pilot how i always used to win and 4 tabling, played full ring, played short handed, tried limit, sent hands to friends, joined cardrunners, taken numerous breaks, dropped in stakes, etc... im baffled have logged over 150k hands of winning and now its just one vicious cycle of Play good --> feel confident --> get stacked/sucked out on --> lose money --> lose confidence --> tilt --> take a break --> drop in stakes --> feel better --> start playing better --> feel confident --> get stacked --> rinse/repeat

Maybe I should just cash out everything but 15k, take that to 1k nl. If I lose it all, quit forever. If I win then i've finally made progress. Win win situation no?
Old 12-15-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: lol 60k+ hands of losing is possible? (im ranting)

1k nl will clean your clock.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:19 PM

then.... this month:

then I got about 20k hands on doyles room im sure but their hand histories suck.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:39 AM

What the hell? Your total swings for 30k hands are less than $4k and you're planning to cash out everything except for 15 buyins on a level ~500 times above your usual? Am I reading this right?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:44 AM

I think you've neglected a couple things with your plan:
1) you are likely going to get killed at 1k NL.
2) 15k can buy a car.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:45 AM

This is mostly at NL200?
Old 12-16-2005, 01:01 AM

Do NOT move up in stakes.
Based on your graphs, you really aren't doing all that badly.
I suggest you continue playing if you enjoy the game while continuing to work on your game.
If you are not enjoying playing and losing money is causing a lot of stress, then you should just cash out most of your money and put it in savings.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell? Your total swings for 30k hands are less than $4k and you're planning to cash out everything except for 15 buyins on a level ~500 times above your usual? Am I reading this right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats 4k at 100 and 200 nl.

Im bankrolled for 2k nl but don't play it and have dropped to 200 nl simply because of the bad run.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you've neglected a couple things with your plan:
1) you are likely going to get killed at 1k NL.
2) 15k can buy a car.

[/ QUOTE ]
Trust me, it's not possible to get any worse than what i've already had happening, if I went there and lost I would not be fazed one bit. Do you have any idea what it's like to literally play 60,000 hands and lose numerous $500-1000 pots on the river at 200 nl? I play sessions with solid reputable players watching me and talking with me about each play I make then still lose and am constantly told "wow that's unfortunate". And my response typically is that im surprised because ive come to get very used to losing with set vs set, all in on turn to river flushes, top boat river quads, flopped straight runner for boat. And NO im not ranting about how bad of beats they are because they are NOTHING, what im ranting about is the frequency and duration of them. Just imagine the worst day you've ever had playing poker and imagine getting it every 1-2 days and losing anything u've made back in the time cards held up. That explains my past few months.

[ QUOTE ]
This is mostly at NL200?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Do NOT move up in stakes.
Based on your graphs, you really aren't doing all that badly.

[/ QUOTE ]
How is 60k+ hands (probably more like 70k to be completely honest) not bad? The reason i'm not down ALOT is because I still get away from the hands im capable of getting away from and when im not getting outdrawn i do make solid money, but then the next day it's just something like... UTG opens for $6, I have KK, reraise to $24, UTG calls. Flop is 6/6/2, UTG has about 90 behind and theres like $50 in the pot.. he checks, i bet $50 he pushes. Turn blank, river 6, he flips up 6/7 for the win.
[ QUOTE ]
I suggest you continue playing if you enjoy the game while continuing to work on your game.

If you are not enjoying playing and losing money is causing a lot of stress, then you should just cash out most of your money and put it in savings.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the mindset I had about 40k hands ago. Today alone I have had about 10-15 big pots lost to coolers or suck outs. I logged on 30mins ago and within 10 mins I literally had 5 ugly hands of getting outdrawn, I can post if need be, but I don't see any point considering I spam and bother my friends (they must hate me by now lol) showing each and everyone one of them and am simply told "Nothing you can do". Or, "how do you keep losing with sets? that's pretty hard to do".