Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: 200/400 bellagio vs liz lieu

[ QUOTE ]
A three bet here screams great strength or great weakness. The play of the hand up till now is not consistent with strength, so the more logical conclusion is weakness. Unless she wasn't thinking clearly that day, she should be calling any hand that beats his (tho she may call w/ AK also).

[/ QUOTE ]

Phish - I play NL, but this hand is interesting...Given your quote above: In this hand - if BK had AJ, would the line he took + a river 3-bet make him the most money? Am I missing something when I think that sounds like a pretty high-level way to play AJ, or am I simply results oriented.

And all - I've played a fair amount live NL with her too - her body is pretty sick, but her head looks like it's made out of plastic.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:08 PM

Most people would've shown some strength with AJ prior to river rather than risk giving free cards or missing bets. Those too timid to do so may also be too timid or lack the imagination to reraise the river for fear of the flush or some full-house.
Yes, it is possible he could have AJ. But small enough possibility that she should call his reraise.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]

After playing that game all weekend...I'm honestly now convinced I was the best player in that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-07-2005, 06:28 PM

The more I think about this hand, the more I'm actually convinced I had the upper hand this hand (instead of her) and my line is the correct one by a long shot, especially the river bet. I would have played 77 the same way...and there is no way I can put her on a 5, so it's about the same hand really...and if I did have the said 77, you guys would have all agreed 'i owned her' not the other way around. I got her to put in two bets on the river on a relative bluff (she may has well have had AQ...I don't think her pair of 5's changed anything in her mind when she raised.) She happened to be bluffing with the best hand, but most of the time I'm going to have her beat and gain 2 bets instead of 0 or 1 if I check call or check fold (and lose the hand by folding).

I know a lot of you think it's crazy...please re-evaluate.

(and I still admit raising is wrong pre-flop...I made a mistake there...but post-flop the hand was played expertly imo.)
Old 12-07-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree BK. I was just going to make a reply to Terry's post disagreeing with her evaluation. Because if you have a slightly stronger hand which you normally would you get the max from her. I also think she makes this same exact play with AK or AQ.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:32 PM

I also think you ARE capable of playing a jack or flush draw just like this up through and including your river bet out. Liz or Terri may not know that, but I'm pretty sure those hands are within your possibilities.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got her to put in two bets on the river on a relative bluff (she may has well have had AQ...I don't think her pair of 5's changed anything in her mind when she raised.)

[/ QUOTE ]

While I generally agree with most of your post, the portion quoted above is not entirely accurate. A pair of 5's ain't the same as AQ. One beats Ak while the other doesn't and AK is a hand that you may have played this way.

But like I said in my initial post in this thread, I agree that she prolly wasn't river raising for value so in that sense, AQ and a pair of 5's are no different.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree BK. I was just going to make a reply to Terry's post disagreeing with her evaluation. Because if you have a slightly stronger hand which you normally would you get the max from her. I also think she makes this same exact play with AK or AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was also just writing pretty much the same post when I checked the thread and saw yours and BK's. I think she is off base, and Liz absolutely bets AQ AK on the turn here. As far as the river, maybe checking is a little better, but to say betting is horrible is really a stretch. I dont even think she raises if she has a little stronger hand like say 1010. Like I said before I think she bluffing the river, not value betting. If BK bet and she just called with 1010, which I think she would, everybody would see this hand differently.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:28 PM

You would have played 77 the same way? So what? How is that a justification for your play? How about the fact that A-5 is about the worst hand your gonna see from her? And that even if you did have 77, she would play her stronger hands the same way and you would be paying off like a slot machine with your 77 as well.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You would have played 77 the same way? So what? How is that a justification for your play? How about the fact that A-5 is about the worst hand your gonna see from her? And that even if you did have 77, she would play her stronger hands the same way and you would be paying off like a slot machine with your 77 as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you're not trying to understand and ever since I ripped you for your QQ you've done nothing but act ridiculously.

It's ok you don't get it. Most wont. It's high level poker thinking. Maybe someday you'll get there.