Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-27-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: ethical girlfriend + sickness dilema (brother)

If he gets sick, then they'll both be miserable and keep getting each other sick. If she expects him to be all lovey-dovey with a girl hacking up snot, he should just tell her that he doesn't want to get sick and spread it to other people or give it back to her. Of course he should take care of her, buy her Nyquil and orange juice or whatever...but he should try not to get sick as much as possible. Kinda funny, I'm sick right now.

ScottieK
Old 11-27-2005, 11:51 AM

You didn't really specify if the disease will cause certain death after a period of time. I would think they should make the decision together by talking it over. Is she on her last legs? I would think that if she was on her way out, she would want to spare him and let him continue on with his life. If she's not dying, it would be a difficult situation but if they're so committed then they should be able to come up with a functional way of living. Man, this is hard, I don't know.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:27 PM

This is stupid. If she's showing a lot of symptoms and is getting medical care she has most likely passed the point where she is very contagious anyway. Usually it's when you're about to come down with something that you're most likely to spread it.

I don't take any special precautions and I almost never get sick. I don't wash my hands or take vitamins or any of that [censored]. I'm sleeping in my own damn bed and I'm not scared of any damn germs. If he doesn't want to, fine, but making an issue out of it for either of them is retarded. If he's so scared of getting sick he ought to live in a bubble. He's going to need that immunity built up when all the real diseases start coming out of the woodwork. We are way overpopulated.

NT