Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Getting thrown out of a Vegas poker room

[ QUOTE ]
People that let that kind of thing bother them generally lead miserable lives I'd guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

So people who get bothered by repeatedly being called names while trying to play poker lead miserable lives.

Riiiiiiight....
Old 11-21-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People that let that kind of thing bother them generally lead miserable lives I'd guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

why on earth should any self-respecting person put up with harrassment from a drunk jackass when they could easily have that jackass silenced or removed?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guy considers someone calling him "old man winter" harrassing, then I'm guessing he pretty much lets any ridiculous thing bother him. That's just pathetic and weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

re-read the original post. in both cases, who called the floor?
Old 11-21-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt you'd want to sit at a table with someone calling you little man,short stack, tiny, half pint, etc. If someone is uncomfortable at the table it is in the cardrooms best interest to fix the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I got over having issues with that when I was about 10. The few times I've gotten worked up over something like that since then it was just an excuse. People that let that kind of thing bother them generally lead miserable lives I'd guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, two things.

1.) You got over self esteem problems at 10, but couldn't get past the name-calling that 6 year olds do?

2.) Because insults don't bother YOU, EVERYONE should be able to take them in stride, too?

You're a cocky, inconsiderate jackass, and you don't even know it. It's ridiculous that you think your behavior was okay. What do you gain out of insulting the guy? You probably aren't very good at poker, so the things you could gain (chips) are wasted.

Please, continue with your life, but let everyone else live theirs without berating them.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:37 PM

Actually he is not the one who was insulting people at the table, but he is defending the guy who did.

You are right, though... both he and the OP seem to be jackasses who deserve to be kicked somewhere.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people over 10 years old don't insult random strangers. Why are you defending his right to do this? Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean others should be subjected to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I personally believe people have the "right" to insult whoever they want. People have no obligation not to insult one another. Is it sheer douchebaggery to go around insulting people? Absolutely! Will he probably get his drunken ass kicked for it at some point? Absolutely! And he should expect to. But do you people really let this kind of thing bother you? I had no idea there were this many tilters around.

For what it's worth do you really consider "old man winter" to be some kind of grave insult? Who cares? It's some drunken jackass at a card table, for God's sake!
Old 11-21-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, two things.

1.) You got over self esteem problems at 10, but couldn't get past the name-calling that 6 year olds do?

2.) Because insults don't bother YOU, EVERYONE should be able to take them in stride, too?

You're a cocky, inconsiderate jackass, and you don't even know it. It's ridiculous that you think your behavior was okay. What do you gain out of insulting the guy? You probably aren't very good at poker, so the things you could gain (chips) are wasted.

Please, continue with your life, but let everyone else live theirs without berating them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back and re-read. I'm not the name-caller. Nor am I defending the name caller. He's a drunken jackass. What I'm saying is that I can't believe this many people worry so much about such petty crap.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth do you really consider "old man winter" to be some kind of grave insult? Who cares? It's some drunken jackass at a card table, for God's sake!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm only in my 20s so I can't be 100% positive about this, but I'm pretty sure that if I were an old guy and some drunken punk repeatedly called me "old man", it would upset me at least a little bit. But even if it didn't, I would have enough respect for somebody not to call them ANYTHING that they take as offensive. It's called, um, manners. Most of us learned it in kindergarten.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have enough respect for somebody not to call them ANYTHING that they take as offensive. It's called, um, manners. Most of us learned it in kindergarten.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur with the first part. Unfortunately I don't think "most" of do learn it in kindergarten these days. That's my point. It's the world we live in. Why get worked up over something so petty. There are enough bigger issues to worry about than jackasses like the op.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a drunk not an alcholic, alcoholics go to meetings. My behavior with zero drinks actually may have been much worse. See point #1.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the funniest cop-out reasoning that I hear all too often from all of my alcoholic friends.

So not only are you an [censored], but you're also an alcoholic in denial.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will make players bad for the game feel uncomfortable, players good for the game feel welcome,

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with your behavior, is that it makes the players who are good for the game feel unwelcome, and will only antagonize those who are bad for the game to be worse for the game. It seems that you see yourself on the "good for the game" category, but you obviously are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely true... Trying to get the tight old man out of the game because he isn't giving action by talking junk will just make the other 'nice' gamblers wonder if they are going to be your next target - and you are going to get less action from them if they decide to stay in the game.