Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 10-28-2005, 01:05 PM

Default i know i am beat, a risk to take?

first a hand earlier on. Villain is extremely predictable, he plays only premium hands and does not like to be played back at.

blinds at 25/50
the Villain raises in MP to 200, Hero is on the button calls with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

flop (Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])
Villain bets 300, Hero calls.

turn (Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])
Villain bets 400, Hero raises 1200, Villain folds showing AQ.

now to the hand in question.

50+5, top 50 pay, about 80 or so left.

Blinds 200/400

Stacks:
Villain-16750
Hero-13400

a couple players limp, Villain in MP raises to 600, MP+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero (was going to fold but now i can't [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) in BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] calls, UTG calls. big ass pot.

flop (9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])~T3200
checks, Villain bets 2500, MP+1 calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

turn (9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])~T10700
Hero???

i have a little over 10K left and i feel as if i am playing for the rest of my stack if i check this, should i push here? this is a no-doubter overpair here right?

is going to the felt terrible? i am not worried about the other misfits, they are donking away mid pairs and straight draws, as for the villain could he throw away a big hand at this stage in the tourney?

basically i just need a little help on how the turn play. i thought the flop call was fine considering all the traffic and my hand was marginal.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: i know i am beat, a risk to take?

You have lots of outs to push to, I don't think you can call another bet and fold the river as the bet on the turn, if villian truly has something other then a pair of 8's or less, will likely be too much of your stack and you will mathematically be pot committed on the river if you do call the turn.

If you really feel like you need to make a move to gain chip position, then I like a push. You've made TPMK on the turn and have somewhere between 13-17 outs most likely if he has that top 3 premium.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blinds 200/400

Stacks:
Villain-16750
Hero-13400

a couple players limp, Villain in MP raises to 600

[/ QUOTE ]

clarify plz.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
clarify plz.

[/ QUOTE ]
100/200 clearly. sorry, for the mistype.

another question: would it have been terrible to just wait for a better hand and better position considering i have a large chip stack and the aggressor has an even bigger stack.

i am learning the nuances of stack building etc, and tourny play. this is an easy play for me in a cash game, but in a MTT i feel that a push is the right play but in the back of my mind i am wondering if i should have ever tangled with the big stack in the first place no matter how easy he is to read?