Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: How about this one...T4 in SB

PF is whatever. I'm sure you're sick of hearing about it, and I think it is least interesting part of hand.

On the flop a c/r is a decent play from a late position player. I would also check because there are enough players that if I see a bet and a raise I can fold without having put in any bets for information. With the Big Blind betting and everyone else leading, I call as well.

I think the best move on the turn is to bet hoping that big blind will raise and limit the field. I have grown to hate weak two pair holdings like this that always get counterfeited. The last thing I want to do is trap the whole field for a bet, keeping multiple players in and lose a big pot.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: How about this one...T4 in SB

I'd lead JT and up. I like having an overcard to my pair and a reasonable suspicion that I'm not always outkicked if I'm behind. JT and QT also have backdoor straight possibilities which is nice.

The difference is that with T4 I'm completely okay with giving up on the hand if the flop action gets crazy, whereas I imagine I'm going to want to at least see a turn with JT+. I'm obviosly leading and almost always three-betting with KT and AT.