Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 09:32 AM

Default What reads shall I look for in No-Limit?

Hi!

I´m new at No-limit but have played limit before. Now I wonder what reads I shall look for in No-limit? I have PT so I know the PFR and VPIP? What shall I look for more? What shall i concentrate on?

I did a search on "+reads +no-limit" but I didnt find any good. If you know an old tread about this then please give me the URL!!

Thanks

Have fun!
Old 10-16-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: What reads shall I look for in No-Limit?

All sorts, I'd think. You have to watch your competition pretty closely, how often they fold to you on the flop. If they like to slowplay more often than not. I'm not sure. this question seems as vague as mine [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 10-16-2005, 10:43 AM

Assuming we're talking online.

The most obvious is callig down quickly with a draw. Lots of people do this provided the bet is normal sized they ch/call instantly. People with a massive hand or just half a hand have to think more.

Less reliable is using the time it takes someone to check to you to decide whether to continuation bet. Usually an instant check means a bet will take the pot, again because people with a hand will think about betting for a second, even if they do eventually check.

But betting patterns are by far and away the best way to get reads, make notes on people who raise draws, people who make bluffs when shown weakness, people who will call pot sized bets with no odds, people who min bet with monster hands, people who min bet with draws and people who CR continuation bets.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:54 AM

THANKS!!

Turn on printer. File/Print.....

Exaktly what I was looking for!!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 11:03 AM

Yes, pretty much everything they do imo. Do they bluff? Do they continuation bet? Do they bet weak with top pairs (making it easy to see turn+river with draws)? Do they raise alot preflop? limp alot? (PT helps ofcourse) do they steal blinds? isolate limpers with marginal hands? Bluff rivers with air when checked to? minbet draws to get cheap cards? etc etc
Old 10-16-2005, 11:11 AM

I find a sudden pot-sized or little more than pot-sized bet on the river is often an attempt to buy.