Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 10:23 PM

Default River C/R in order here, or did I get out of line?

Opponent is a total fool. He loves to bluff, and more than that he likes to bet when you check to him. He may even 3-bet on a bluff, but that's not all too common. He's 45/5/3.

Like the river C/R, or did I need to do this earlier?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG (Maniacal tard)/ calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Maniacal tard calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Maniacal tard calls, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Maniacal tard bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Maniacal tard 3-bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 08-15-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: River C/R in order here, or did I get out of line?

While we're at it, how about another hand against this clown... Call the frop raise? Lead the turn? As played, what do you when he 3bets the turn?

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 08-15-2005, 10:44 PM

Looks good to me, if your read is right.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:51 PM

This is read dependent. I would call the flop raise if you're prepared to go to showdown with your ace-high. On the turn, it sounds like you think he's autobetting, which makes the checkraise good. And then how you react to the turn 3-bet is again read-dependent. Default is to call down against a maniac unless you have a reason not to (if he's a maniac that doesn't 3-bet).
Old 08-15-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Opponent is a total fool. He loves to bluff, and more than that he likes to bet when you check to him. He may even 3-bet on a bluff, but that's not all too common. He's 45/5/3.

Like the river C/R, or did I need to do this earlier?

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG (Maniacal tard)/ calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Maniacal tard bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Maniacal tard 3-bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're playing your hand for deception, you can't slow down when you deceive your opponent about your hand strength. Of course, that's the problem with your river line: you get lost pretty easily. The way you played it, I cap the river. Would the LAGtard wait until the river to raise two pair/straight/a better Q?