Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 08-12-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Missed some bets & still made a good fold?

I was unsure as to wheter a 3-bet was in order on the flop here, but felt my fold on the river was safe. Villain is a strongly suspected 2+2er, playing 22/19/4 and fairly TAG at the time. Anyone play this differently?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP/(Suspected 2+2er) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Suspected 2+2er raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Suspected 2+2er bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Suspected 2+2er 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.66 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Suspected 2+2er bets</font>, Hero folds.

There is no two pair I can beat here, and any king has a straight. I gotta fold despite the huge pot, right?

Final Pot: 13.66 BB
Old 08-12-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Missed some bets & still made a good fold?

Villian is also young, handsome and charming
Old 08-12-2005, 04:42 PM

nh man. I had you on AK at the turn, so the rivered Q saved me a bet.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:47 PM

I don't understand the flop gaybet. Why not checkraise instead?
Old 08-12-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 4-tabling at the time, and when I bet the flop I had intended to bet/3-bet this flop, thinking you would raise me. When it got back around to me, I wussed out. I think if I'm one tabling I don't make this mistake (or was it not a mistake?). I think c/r is fine, but the problem there is it would likely be checked to you, you bet, who knows what button does, I raise, and suddenly its two to the middle position guy, he folds, and I'm heads-up out of position with a drawing hand (if button bailed). If I get everyone in for one bet first, they'll call a few more. I was hoping button would call your raise, and UTG would continue to be the calling station he so much loves to be.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]