Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Sexy HU move a guy put on me tonight

Initially no reads on the opponent -- I'd seen him for maybe 10 hands, two of which had been processed by PT and PV when this one started. I wonder if you all agree his move would probably win him the most in the long run vs an average 5/10 6max player? I think his move folds a lot of better hands, and his draw is to the nuts in case he is called down. At a minimum, it arrests further betting by Hero most of the time when we don't have an ace, and he may still have the chance to value bet his hand if he hits a king or a 5 and he thinks it might be good (again giving him the chance to possibly fold out a better hand, since he has position)

He was sitting with well in excess of $800 at the time, FWIW. Later on, I saw him make some fairly reasonable, though not exceptonal plays. I said I really liked his line in this hand after the fact, and he replied "yeah right."

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
This is the sexy part...
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks planning to call if necessary, BB checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB

**By the way, I 3-bet the turn against some opponents, but against an unknown, at a limit higher than what I usually play (I was chasing an idiot fish who was not involved in this hand), I'm going to slow down to the turn raise given the fact he could have an ace, a straight, or a number of two pair hands that call PF.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Sexy HU move a guy put on me tonight

If you had 2 pair or a set or a straight his move would have been really really -EV, since you would have 3bet his punk ass.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:06 PM

I'm not impressed.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:15 PM

This is straight out of the textbook, mang. It's not that sexy. It's pretty stardard, especially against a tight player.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:25 PM

I dont get whats so great here, altho he is better than the typical donk if he didnt bet the river, which you were obviously going to call.

-Mike
Old 08-08-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you had 2 pair or a set or a straight his move would have been really really -EV, since you would have 3bet his punk ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fortunately for villain, flopping either of these hands is relatively rare. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2005, 11:27 PM

this subject line is dubious.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:41 PM

Maybe the naysayers are right. I don't know. When I looked at the HH after the hand, I felt like I hadn't seen this line in recent memory... you certainly don't see it much if at all in the 3/6 games. Anyhow, I'll be more cautious next time I use the term "sexy HU move" in order to avoid false advertising. Instead, I'll say "if this move were a 25 year old female, and I'd had 11 beers, I'd definitely hit that."
Old 08-08-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Instead, I'll say "if this move were a 25 year old female, and I'd had 11 beers on a camping trip, I'd definitely hit that."

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 08-08-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Instead, I'll say "if this move were a 25 year old female, and I'd had 11 beers on a camping trip, I'd definitely hit that."

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

???