Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 08-07-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Because I hate money...

Betting the turn was a clear error on my part, no? Opponent is 43/9/1, FWIW. This thread the other day contained some good commentary on low frushes, but apparently it hasn't sunk into my thick skull just yet.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
Old 08-07-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Because I hate money...

I don't hate a bet in your hand. I think you're more likely to get called down by a non-flush hand heads up and by an opponent with somewhat passive statistics. It seems you have a safe fold to his raise as well.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:28 PM

If you have to see a showdown with your 5-high flush, you pay 2 BB against a higher flush by check/calling both big streets. If you know you can lay down to a turnraise by your opponent, your line is clearly superior. I dont see players with an aggression factor of 1 bluffraising a lot but this would be a perfect spot to do it.
I think it completely depends on your opponent. If I cant trust him I check-call turn + river down. If he seems really passive and didnt bluff over quite some hands, I play it like you did.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:31 PM

You seem to think hero is out of position, which is incorrect.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to think hero is out of position, which is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right the issue is whether I value bet the turn (and perhaps the river), or take a guaranteed showdown for 1BB. I still think maybe the latter is best here.