Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Sticky deck.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So a card hitting the floor during the pitch does not constitute an auto-mis-deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, just a dead card (exposed) and a deck change (not setup) after the hand, unless there's an autoshuffler. I just examine the card, run the deck down in front of players, and go on with the next hand with a shuffler.

[/ QUOTE ]

The other thing I noticed is he didn't run down the deck either time. I would not expect someone to be in collusion with a dealer at a 3/6 table but if your playing a table game and the auto shuffler spits out a card, the dealer typically runs down the deck even if the cards never left the table. I guess this may be more so with an auto shuffler just to make sure all 52 cards are out of the shuffler before reinserting.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Sticky deck.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So a card hitting the floor during the pitch does not constitute an auto-mis-deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, just a dead card (exposed) and a deck change (not setup) after the hand, unless there's an autoshuffler. I just examine the card, run the deck down in front of players, and go on with the next hand with a shuffler.

[/ QUOTE ]

The other thing I noticed is he didn't run down the deck either time. I would not expect someone to be in collusion with a dealer at a 3/6 table but if your playing a table game and the auto shuffler spits out a card, the dealer typically runs down the deck even if the cards never left the table. I guess this may be more so with an auto shuffler just to make sure all 52 cards are out of the shuffler before reinserting.

[/ QUOTE ]

The shufflers where I play count the cards for you. It is funny when the dealer is dead tired and drops the deck into the shuffler without picking up the winners hand, the shuffler doesn't like only 50 cards in the deck for some reason.