Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 06:01 PM

Default My MTT Analysis

Over the past couple months I have played in 107 MTTs.

The buy-ins have ranged from $1-$5.50 (I'm trying to build a bankroll slowly with MTTs and cash game play).

I have spent a total of $353.90 on entries into the tournaments (site feees included)

I have won $660.08 (without buy-in/entry fee deducted)

So my average tournament buy-in is $3.30 and my average win per tournament is $6.17, for a net gain of $2.87 per tournament.

How are these numbers? I know these buy-ins are small and the level of play isn't nearly as high as some of the higher buy-in tournaments. Am I making a decent ROI? Am I ready for the jump to some $10 buy-in tournaments?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: My MTT Analysis

Your ROI is a little under 100%, which is pretty good. Its been said that good MTT players can expect about a 500% ROI, but I think that applies more to the deep-stacked tournaments where the end-game has much more play. I've been keeping track of my results for the last month or so, and my ROI is just above 100%, so we're having similair results. If you feel comfortable playing $10 tournaments with your current bankroll go for it (I doubt the play is much better), but don't play beyond your bankroll, you dont want to risk going broke early just because you took your shot at higher limits too soon.