Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Check on river ok???

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.25. MP2 posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 (poster) raises</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (16.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Hero Checks... (My thought is that one of the players has most likely been calling with a set.)

Old 07-06-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Check on river ok???

3-bet the flop
Bet the river.
Why wouldnt MP2 raise you with an AA, TT, JJ preflop?
Old 07-06-2005, 07:16 PM

If you are going to call in the SB with AKs you should be raising preflop. I prolly three bet the flop and see what they do. But as for the river, if someone has been betting a set they aren't going to check around to you knowing that you hit something big on the turn (most likely your straight) so I bet here and prepare to split the pot with another K.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:21 PM

Reraise preflop.
Either way lead that flop.
I think you're still good here enough to bet that river. I think you should, though in an actual game I'd probably check too.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:28 PM

Firstly your hand was strong enough to 3-bet preflop.

Your hand was also strong enough to bet the flop. You had top pair with the best possible kicker. You also had a gut-shot to the nut straight. Even though you didnt bet the flop, you would not have been wrong to 3-bet when the action came round to you.

I like your check followed by 3-bet on the turn when you hit your nut straight.

Dont check the river. Bet. Maybe someone has a full-house, but they could have all sorts of things. There is a fair chance that you are tied for the best hand, but you should not have checked. Dont assume the worst and bet.

If you are raised on the river then just call. I expect that you will have tied this hand, but as the turn was not capped I would bet.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:36 PM

Try to play the same way in a real game that you would suggest on these forums.

I know that its hard sometimes, when you think I probably wont win but I have the odds to call or bet.

But by consistently doing what you think is right, you will probably end up being surprised by how much your results improve. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2005, 10:12 AM

The J could have busted your straight, but i don't see why you should check the river. You lead out on the other betting rounds and may as well still have the best hand. Bet for value.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:20 AM

Since I do not think you will more than tie here checking is ok.
I would bet a straight using two cards though.

Regardless of the action behind me, I'm not folding.

reraise preflop and on flop though.