Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 11:31 PM

Default KTo in the SB...

only about 15 hands into this, so lets just say no reads... haven't noticed anybody playing crazy so far... cept for me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls $1 (All-In), MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (14.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

I'm thinking I should've bet/fold the river given the way I played it?
Old 07-03-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Re: KTo in the SB...

I'd check/call the river. The pots big, and only a Q will
call your bet. The 4 straight is ugly, and your probably
beat, but if your gonna spend a bet on this river, might
as well get a showdown. Plus you will sometimes snap off
a desperation bluff from Button.

Then again, what do I know...
Old 07-04-2005, 12:15 AM

I"m not sure why you raised the turn instead of (or in addition to) 3-betting the flop. I'd have made BB and MP2 face 2 cold on the flop. The way the hand did go down, on the turn with so many opponents and a draw-heavy board, I'm not sure I like TP medium kicker enough to risk getting 3-bet. Rather, I'd want to get to the river cheaply.

The way the hand went down, I think I like a bet better than a check, since there are probably a lot of hands calling you that you can beat. I'd call a raise from Button, too, not sure whether to call a raise from MP2, but probably not overcall one.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:19 AM

What do you think button has? If he has Kx, would he fold to a single bet? MP2 might not call with a worse hand, but if you don't think he'd raise without a Q, what's the difference between check/calling (he'd bet that Q for sure), and bet/folding to his raise?
Old 07-04-2005, 12:28 AM

I think youll find that BB probably has a Q of 7 here the most. The only other likely Q is KQ, so it's not that likely that the other players in the pot with you have a straight, especially with the order of the cards.

A set is possible from button, but two pair or tptk is more likely. I think the remaining players are very likely to make crying calls with weaker hands than top two. When you check you allow your opponents not to bet when theyre beat, but bet and force you to call when they have you beat.