Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Pots getting a little large for my TPGK

I wouldn't go so far as to call them reads, but I will give you my impressions of the villians:

BB: Loose aggressive
UTG: Loose passive
MP1: Loose and kinda goofy

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed)

UTG+1 ($156.95)
UTG+2 ($257.15)
MP1 ($114.18)
MP2 ($43.60)
MP3 ($82.25)
CO ($67.04)
Hero ($106.20)
SB ($38.74)
BB ($127.86)
UTG ($125.85)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $3, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $2, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($12.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $6</font>, UTG calls $6, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $21</font>, BB calls $15, UTG calls $15.

Turn: ($75.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero....
Old 12-22-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Pots getting a little large for my TPGK

I would check behind for pot control and to try to hit a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for free.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:52 PM

Yea, i check behind here too. I don't think I really want to put much more into this pot without improving my hand.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:54 PM

Unless they both have TJ you are screwed. Check and pray for the A of clubs.

Your reads make me think you just might have a chop at this point on turn but there's no way I risk it. I could see myself calling a smallish/medium bet on river depending on many things.

I guess your reads could allow for BB to be betting into a draw(str8 hopefully) and UTG to have a Q.

When there are 2 flush cards out how many people bet into a str8 draw first to act? Some, no doubt.

I don't think your flop raise is bad at all, it just failed.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:02 PM

Yeah, when they both called me, my only hope would seem to be that one held TJ and the other something like QJ/QT. You would think if BB held a set or two pair he would have reraised my flop raise. I think I'm facing a made flush here now a significant percentage of the time.

If the turn was 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] instead of clubs, I think another bet would be in order, correct?
Old 12-22-2005, 11:14 PM

You would have tpKk-no-draw in position vs 2 on turn with a $75 pot. Most effective bets would pot commit you I think and I hate to lose my stack w one pair. You have contributed ~$25 to the pot so far. I may be flamed for this but I think I would check the turn giving free draws galore and hope for a blank and cheap showdown. That may be too tight a play but the only other play puts your stack at risk with 1 pair vs 2. If you had strong reads and your opponents were decent-so that the reads would be reliable- you could push but against unknowns I'm trying not to lose my stack w 1 pair.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:56 PM

Is MP1 loose enough to cold call a raise w/ KQ? I think 2 ppl calling your flop raise pretty much says your beat. Unless these guys have a habit of calling w/ mediocre hands. But definitely check behind and reevaluate on the river. If I miss the flush I'd probably fold to a large bet, because what would they be betting that's worse than QK? If I hit the flush and someone bet big...then I have no clue. Try to find a cheap showdown if at all possible.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:01 AM

Well, I did check behind. At the time I thought it might be borderline weak, but, meh. The river brought a total blank and we all checked. BB had 98 and UTG had JT and MHIG.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:14 AM

I hope you noted BB as a clinical idiot. There is a population of players who will make the stupidest calls if you raise their bet. Their call of this raise is not to be respected whereas most oppenents have a serious hand. Once you find these clinical idiots you know not to slow down.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You would have tpKk-no-draw in position vs 2 on turn with a $75 pot. Most effective bets would pot commit you I think and I hate to lose my stack w one pair. You have contributed ~$25 to the pot so far. I may be flamed for this but I think I would check the turn giving free draws galore and hope for a blank and cheap showdown. That may be too tight a play but the only other play puts your stack at risk with 1 pair vs 2. If you had strong reads and your opponents were decent-so that the reads would be reliable- you could push but against unknowns I'm trying not to lose my stack w 1 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly the line I would take.