Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-22-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Flip-flops: are we done with them yet?

I disagree re: them being bad on all girls, but the rest of the post is spot on.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok you got me, why is that. I mean I've only been sailing for 15 years and I have 5 boats....what am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been sailing for over 30 years, and I'm surprised that any experienced sailor would allow someone to wear flip flops on his boat, much less do it himself. It's just dangerous in my opinion. But I guess I was overly harsh in my previous post. Apologies. I'm feeling old and grouchy today.

edit: By the way, what kind of sailing do you do, and what kind of boats have you got?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Sailing can get dangerous, but there are plenty of days where it's just hot and light winds.

That said, I've been wearing them for 20 years and I'm not stopping just because of some stupid trend.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:36 AM

I blew one out in downtown Atlanta one day and had an ugly hour or two with bleeding toes trying to get home. I haven't worn them daily since. I do live in my Tevas unless I'm at work though.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:01 AM

Private, you are a joker. I love my flip flops and wear them 365 days even when its cold outside. I don't look at your big ugly nose, you don't look at my feet OK?

Teva makes the most comfortable ones in the world btw...

L8r... BB
Old 12-22-2005, 01:49 PM

I wear flip flops all year round, and thats pretty much all I wear. Tying shoe laces and doing sock laundry is for suckers. I dont really have to worry about if its in style or whatever, because thats what everyone wears out here, but even if it wasnt, its so comfortable and convienent that I wouldnt care if the toolish fashion police thought it was dumb, i'd still be doing it.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:15 PM

A voice of reason. Last week it was single digit temps here and women/girls were wearing them Christmas shopping with parkas. Crazy. And no, of course they weren't the women who look OK in flip flops in the summer. Nothing better than premium $3 flip flops on nasty feet in december.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wear flip flops all year round, and thats pretty much all I wear. Tying shoe laces and doing sock laundry is for suckers. I dont really have to worry about if its in style or whatever, because thats what everyone wears out here, but even if it wasnt, its so comfortable and convienent that I wouldnt care if the toolish fashion police thought it was dumb, i'd still be doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. I live in SD. Why would I need to wear shoes?? Flip flops are the most comfortable thing in the world and I'll rock them any chance I get. Of course when I go out some where nice I sport shoes, but otherwise its Reefs only for me.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. I live in SD. Why would I need to wear shoes?? Flip flops are the most comfortable thing in the world and I'll rock them any chance I get. Of course when I go out some where nice I sport shoes, but otherwise its Reefs only for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

South Dakota? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 02:33 PM

I agree.

I'd also call for the halt of 18-23 year old male mammals usage (and misusage) of the word "random". I see the word used all over 2+2 as well as on "MTV", etc.

People, there are other words besides "random"! Most of the time saying random doesn't even make sense!

Like this kid last night on "Homewrecker", he comes home and cameras are in his house. He says, "Wow. This is random."

WTF? No, it's not "random." you dumb $&#^!

Sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but don't go to the f*cking White House in them like that volleyball team did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Werent they a lacrosse team?