Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Another hand against flawless...

He wanted this posted too...I think the K is a bad card for me on the turn, if it was anything else I would have probably check-raised all in...still kinda curious if I have any type of leverage being that he has invested like 50% of his stack here already...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($2037)
BB ($2010)
Hero ($3902)
UTG+1 ($1994)
UTG+2 ($2793)
MP1 ($2222)
MP2 ($430)
MP3 ($2255.50)
CO ($2095.50)
Button ($3053)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $70</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $245</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $175.

Flop: ($520) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $320</font>, Hero calls $320.

Turn: ($1160) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $800</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1960

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Button wins $1960. </font>
Old 10-24-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Another hand against flawless...

I like a fold preflop in this hand, if we were in position hands like this would go a lot better and it makes a big difference.

edit: i was confused
Old 10-24-2005, 06:24 PM

Actually this was on a different table... not that it matters..
Old 10-25-2005, 01:05 AM

i think he shouldve folded pre, but he called.
postflop seems pretty tough here to me... many different ways to play it... he got what hes looking for (sorta) in a double raised pot, so maybe he should just go ahead and CR the flop allin... the problem is i will likely be calling him w/ AA-JJ pretty fast.
do yall think he played it good? seems like he should try to test me somewhere, but i dont know... after the turn bet, the pot is pretty big for me to lay anything down.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:12 AM

Clearly flawless's re-raising range is wider than many, but JT seems like a fold to me, OOP PF.

I suppose that lead/3-bet flop all in is an option, and since his range is so wide, it probably has pretty good fold equity, but I think it's too much risk for too weak of a draw, here, since you'll probably be 2:1 dog if you get called, and I believe he said he would call you pretty quick with JJ-AA.

Check/calling is bleh since a) your draw is pretty transparent b) he very well might have a good redraw on you or worse c)Have a hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. d) You don't have expressed odds.
How good your implied odds are... I don't know... but you say he likes to make big laydowns.

Check/raising is bleh, since it leaves weird stacks.

I don't know how hard he defends his weak re-raises... so I don't know how well leading out would work.... but I imagine he raises you a large % of the time, and calls only rarely.

So on the flop.... either lead if he will fold his weak hands most of the time, or maybe freeze up with a big pair (although I doubt he does this).. or else... check/fold.

Since we got to the turn...

You could try a weak lead... but it seems a little transparent, and you'll probably get raised.

If you do a strong lead... you pot commit yourself.

Since you checked, and he bet strong, you're only moving him off of complete air. He's just got too much invested to be moved off of much. This includes draws, which may have you smoked.

Looks like another check/fold.

I fold PF.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-25-2005, 01:46 PM

you guys better comment on this hand or i will have you all banned.
sreious.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:50 PM

Veen and I were talking about it, thought I should have made a move on the flop, check-raise your bet to 1400, looks scarier than check-raising all in...
Old 10-25-2005, 01:58 PM

I hate the pre flop call there. I think thats an easy fold. On another note, AZK you definitly missed a great chance to steal the pot by check raising the flop to 1100. I think your option on the flop was to CR or fold.

I think calling is no good as it is too obvious what your on ...
Old 10-25-2005, 02:04 PM

Flop raising never makes sense here, apart from balance reasons.

You either fold out the hands that you can fold outs elsewhere while not costing your out or stack against a better hand.

I still like a turn c/r all in, i love the 'haha, i know you could have made pair but you can't call' play.