Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Another hand against flawless...

[ QUOTE ]

I still like a turn c/r all in, i love the 'haha, i know you could have made pair but you can't call' play.

[/ QUOTE ]
if you think i am folding AK to a turn CR, you got another thing coming!
Old 10-25-2005, 02:07 PM

Hi AZK,

Fold pre to the 175 re-raise, even with stacks around 4K. You are not going to get your money in good enough, often enough here when you flop a draw against a good player.

The only way I'm calling his raise is if I know I can often push him out on the flop, in which case I may even reraise pre-flop. On the flop you got, raise him big, for god's sake! Your post-flop play is an example of why you shouldn't call the pre-flop raise: Pre-flop, put in 245 losing EV...Flop, put in 320 with about neutral EV, relying on implied odds mostly...Turn, forced to fold. But, even if you'd hit on the turn, you'd have to deal with: not necessarily getting paid off unless he flopped a set or has AAh, since he can give you credit for many hands that beat one pair besides a flush, and with being redrawn on, and with occasionally losing to his AK/AQhh etc. You have to be stealing this pot quite a bit post-flop, or getting cheap drawing opportunities to make this work. Flawless is likely to give you neither.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I still like a turn c/r all in, i love the 'haha, i know you could have made pair but you can't call' play.

[/ QUOTE ]
if you think i am folding AK to a turn CR, you got another thing coming!

[/ QUOTE ]

O_O

pot is just short of 2000 after your bet. he's c/r would be 2500, you'd have 1700 to call in a 4500 pot, 4500:1700, 2.6:1.

You can't expect him to have many high suited cards given the preflop call or can you expect him to make a turn c/r given the king should scare most players into not doing this play, meanwhile 9 combinations of set make sense, sure mostly i'm raising the flop with those, but def. def nowhere always.

Give him relative decent-loose preflop calling standards and the only high suited cards are AKs KQs KQs AND factor in some weight to flush draws c/r'ing the flop AND factor in weight that most wont make this turn move and you can't expect to be against a flush here much at all, prob 1 in 10 that still beats you 1/4 on the river. Even if you don't factor them in you lose to 9 sets and beat 3 flushes, and thus must fold there. so unless you have a huge history enough to know that 1. he has the balls to make this turn play and 2. he would ALWAYS raise the flop with a set AND 3. wouldn't ever raise the flop with a flush draw has to be -EV in a vacuum.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:50 PM

(Assuming you have some history with each other)

I think your play on this hand can be looked at by answering these four questions:
1) How often do you take the "obvious low limit" line of check-calling the flop and checkraising the turn with a set or twopair?
2) How often do you take the same line with a draw?
3) How often do you take the same line AA/KK?
4) How often are you trying to make a play with a hand like 99/TT (essentially a bluff)?
keeping in mind your history between you and Flawless is obviously important as well. Flawless has to assign your play to one of thoese four hand ranges.

A fifth question- what does his combination of big reraise/not keeping the pot in control mean? Answering this question might trump all others...
Old 10-25-2005, 03:45 PM

Default BONUS QUESTION

$20 to the first person who correctly guesses the villains hand.
offer expires in 24hrs. one guess per poster, clearly.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: BONUS QUESTION

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 03:54 PM

Old 10-25-2005, 03:57 PM

Old 10-25-2005, 03:57 PM

How can you call a flop c/r all in with AA-JJ? His hand range is either a big draw or a made straight/set. You are -EV against his range, even with the dead money in the middle.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:59 PM

AQs